JDRF Walk help

Options
AJDL
AJDL Posts: 16 Member
"Supporting The Fighters, Admiring the Survivors, Honoring the Taken and never, ever giving up hope"

I started a JDRF(juvenile diabetes research fund) walk team about 2 months ago, and never thought about posting information on MFP about it. The walk is this coming Saturday, the 6th in East Lansing, MI. I have been working to get donations, and walkers to join my team. I have been pretty successful with recruiting walkers. My team consists of 16 close friends and family, so far. I can get donations up until 9/6/2011, so I still have some time to keep emailing, and bugging people around me. If you, or anyone you know may be interested in donating, please send them to my page (please remember it is tax deductible).

http://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR/Walk-MI/Chapter-MetroDetroitSEMichigan4293?px=1342549&pg=personal&fr_id=1418

I ask for help because I have had Type 1 diabetes since I was 3 1/2(27 years now), my dad(who passed away almost 20 years ago from diabetic complications) found out he had Type 1 at the age of 9, and both of his parents had the same. It hits me very hard. I want to find a cure at some point in my life. Mainly, so that my 2 beautiful children will not have to go through the devistating effects of diabetes. It's a daily fight. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart for any and all support.

- April