cheap protein shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    iAlso, just remembered...Wally World & Target both sell pre-mixed protein shakes in 4-paks for $4.99 or so. The brand is EAS and they're AdvantEDGE Carb Control shakes. They come in both Strawberry and Chocolate Fudge. They don't require refrigeration ... until you want to drink one -- I wouldn't advise drinking them warm. Eww. They're not half bad but I have pretty tolerant sense of taste. :-)

ETA: DYAC *again*!! :noway:
  • alicollins74
    alicollins74 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I also drink the Body Fortress shakes. I have only tried the strawberry and it is really good! Next I am going to get the cookies & cream. You also need a blender bottle to mix it up in ...I got mine from Walmart too...
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    The trade-off with spending less on cheap protein is taste. How much are you willing to go down to save a couple bucks?

You really might not like the taste of some of them....guess it depends on your gag reflex.

In addition to some of the cheaper ones being chalky and gritty I have found a lot of the "cheap" ones aren't really that good for you. Lots of sugar, fairly low protein content. Just be careful when buying one and make sure you aren't getting a high protein low sugar. You can always add fruit or honey to sweeten it if you need to.

I am currently using Pure Protein vanilla creme. It's pretty good. 25g protein/2g sugar, I think it was about $15 for 1lb.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    although looking at the Body Fortress that is pretty solid stuff. 52g protein and 1g sugar. How much does a pound cost?
  • byukid
    byukid Posts: 55
    Options
    http://www.t-nation.com/store/supplements/grow-whey-protein.jsp

Buy two and they're 23$ a bottle, and it tastes far better than walmart.