Christmas

Options
mbb8682
mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
Just wanted to see who all was ready for christmas this year?

I am counting down the days until I can decorate the house and the tree and the front of the house.

I always decorate the table with my unused china that I got for my wedding it always looks so beautiful can't wait.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to see who all was ready for christmas this year?

I am counting down the days until I can decorate the house and the tree and the front of the house.

I always decorate the table with my unused china that I got for my wedding it always looks so beautiful can't wait.:flowerforyou:
  • jaglover04
    jaglover04 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    YES i'm EXCITED!! Just thought about decorating the other day and it made me happy!! Me and my boyfriend bought our house a year ago so now that i have everything this year to decorate i don't have to wait!! :) Plus i was already telling the girls i work w/ that i've been waiting for their sake, but the thought of christmas music makes me happy too!! Now for being ready for it present wise not a one, but it doesn't matter i love this time of year!! :smile:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to enjoy the holiday on a very simple level: DBF gets to do the work!! How much simpler could it get?

I have not enjoyed this holiday since my family broke apart 15 years ago. It's just not the same without having family around to team up to make the holiday great. My brother Gene died a year ago at the end of this month, and he would be 47 on December 27th, so it's gonna suck badly.

I have two almost-adult boys and we have not had many great Christmases , and the cost of making them great is just too much. It's all I can do to workout, go to a 40++ hour a week job, I just don't have the spirit for it anymore. Nothing to get excited over.

Sorry if I depressed anyone, but that's just the way my life is right now.
  • Crystalpotamus
    Options
    I bought 2 gifts yesterday! I am so excited to decorate the house. I have been asking my husband everyday this week if he is ready to haul in our boxes worth of Christmas decorations.
  • rainbow118
    rainbow118 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like chirstmas and decorating. But i hate the shopping for people and taking decorations down. I wish we could skip the gift giving. I like having dinner with everyone and everything else. Its just buying the gifts that i really really hate.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    So excited! My tree is already up and I'm singing the Christmas music...I'm a deck the halls and hang the holly kinda girl!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    huh? It's not even Thanksgiving-- don't rush me! :bigsmile:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I like chirstmas and decorating. But i hate the shopping for people and taking decorations down. I wish we could skip the gift giving. I like having dinner with everyone and everything else. Its just buying the gifts that i really really hate.

I totally agree with the buying frenzy...it gets me down. Especially I dont like buying things for people just to buy something. I also don't like receiving the obvious regifts from my inlaws. It really irks me that I go to the store and BUY something when I know I will get something regifted from the bottom of their closet, no tags, no receipt. On a lighter note, I must remember the spirit of giving and not get so frustrated with something like this. I'm sure they feel bad about this.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    We put our tree up last weekend! I just couldn't wait any longer!:bigsmile:
  • stephiepoo
    Options
    I love Christmas. :smooched:
  • KBagwell
    Options
    I have all of my decorations out but not put up yet...I'm about to die to go ahead and do it!

Hubby still believes the old wives tale about bad luck if you put the tree up before Thanksgiving. I may end up having to wait until Friday! :sad:
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    only 7 months and 25 days left!!! Putting up my Christmas tree with my BF tonight and then we're going to sip egg nog by the fireplace with our 3 cats.
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Courtesy laugh for waiting 7 years to type that joke. LOL