Vacation & Exercise

Options
Ok so I just started MFP this week. I've been doing good so far. But in two weeks I'm headed to the beach for a family vacation (mom, dad, brothers, neices, nephews, and my kids). I'm concerned that I won't be motivated to get some real exercising in while I'm away. Any tips?

Replies

• _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Do it first thing in the morning. Get it out of your way and before it gets hot. :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Think of the beach body! :) Maybe run along the beach or go for a family walk.
  • SheyC
    SheyC Posts: 2
    Options
    Going to the beach, get a swim in! Great exercise there.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Walking on the beach is a good cardio exercise & swimming in the lake or ocean would be a great way to exercise to. Both of these you can record on MFP too.
  • kaitlyn12osu
    Options
    Think of vacation as an opportunity to take a break from your other commitments to focus a little more on exercise! Just wake up a little early and go on a jog along the beach. Then at night, invite your family and go on a walk :)
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Going for walks on vacation is always fun. If you're a runner, beach running is tough but fun.
  • BOZ59
    BOZ59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi, do what i do make sure u pack some training kit, and gets some fitness bands from off ebay, the ones that have a tether that u trap between the door and the door frame.they weigh next to nothing and are really cheap. If you put them somewhere obvious when u arrive, it will keep you on your toes. Then there is also lots of walking and pool work to...simples lol
  • byrdwife
    Options
    I find it beneficial to go to the resorts gym very early in the morning and get a nice burn.. Have fun!
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I recently went on vacation too, and all I can say is first thing in the morning even if you don't want to JUST DO IT. You'll be glad you did. Also if your going to be on the beach swimming is excellent exercise :)
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I just got from a week's vacation. My goal was to stay the same - my weigh in 3 days after coming back was a 2 lb loss.

We went for a walk every day, or a hike in the woods. Went swimming twice. I could not log into here at all, but I tried to make good choices for the most part. Sure, I had some drinks, some desserts, even some fries, but I also ordered salads and fish for meals. And when you are in a vacation area, it's easy to get exercise in. Walking the main streets shopping, looking at the sights - walking along the beach, playing in the water. Maybe rent bikes to ride around.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands (are lightweight enough to pack in a suitcase -Walmart & Target sell these). ExerciseTV.com or Netflix have instant play workouts.

Have fun!