what is your fav energy/nutrition bar? why?

Options
I like power bar protein plus less sugar in chocolate peanut butter, I work 9-5
and am always around snacks and sweets so I figured I would try a few new ones!
The power bar one I just had today was very filling, and slightly sweet, 3/4 of the way through
I was full!

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Fiber One- PB, Chocolate
    Luna Bar- Lemon Zest, Cookies & Creme, Iced Oatmeal Raisin, White Choc Mac, Cookie Dough, Blueberry

:)
  • bmmarti3
    bmmarti3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I pretty much only eat the Nature Valley Sweet and salty nut bars. Typically I only eat the peanut version. My wife gets them for free, but I've been eating them for breakfast the majority of the week for months and I still like them.

They go exceptionally well with a banana actually.
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    I prefer protein shakes, you can add in whatever you want to, peanut butter, yogurt, etc and you get a large amount of protein. Bars just seem really processed to me so I try to stay away from them. The less processed the food is the better it is for you :)
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    try these: http://www.nutrientscience.com/UltimateFlurry.html they taste like candy bars.
  • ukhennin
    ukhennin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I eat EAS Myoplex Lite bars because they're pretty tasty, a good source of added protein, not too many calories, and my father in law can get them at a great discount price. :)
  • sgrinavi
    sgrinavi Posts: 80
    Options
    Zone double chocolate almond

Special K Double Chocolate

EAS AdvantEdge chocolate peanut butter bar

All around 200 calories, all taste good, to me... I wish I could say they were good for you, but it beats the alternative
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    pure protein peanutbutter caramel surprise!!! both flavors a very prevalent an no after taste. yummy.
    and...bariwise chocolate peanut dream(proteinshop.com) love love love these. crispy chewy penutbuttery bar covered in a so not diet like chocolate. both over 15g of protein.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I pretty much only eat the Nature Valley Sweet and salty nut bars. Typically I only eat the peanut version. My wife gets them for free, but I've been eating them for breakfast the majority of the week for months and I still like them.

I friggin' love those things.
  • Kristy144
    Kristy144 Posts: 166
    Options
    GNC Lean Shake is delish and keeps me going-- I also love Fiber One Chocolate 90 calorie brownies.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Oskri Fruit & Nut bars: They have 12g of fiber and a good bit of protein. (can't remember exactly how many grams.)

P90X Rest & Recovery formula: 10g protein 1g fiber. This stuff really gives me back my energy after an intense and/or lengthy cardio workout.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options

These are also good with some peanut butter smeared on them!
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Elevate! They're a protein bar and fruit leather rolled into one :D
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am drawing a total blank on which Power Bars I like...but that's usually what I get. However, I recently tried Lance Armstrong's FRS energy chews and I LOVE them! You can go to www.frs.com and get a free trial package with a bunch of different stuff (about $4 for shipping). They're only 20 calories each and give a nice smooth sustained energy. No jitters, no crash. I sound like an ad...but I love them that much! You're supposed to take 2, twice a day or 2 a half hour before a workout, I just do 1.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Also try the Peeled Snacks brand line. They are usually one-two servings per container, fresh, and delicious!
  • change_happens
    Options
    atkins bars are good. they don't have that chalky after taste.
  • kayler00
    kayler00 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Zone Perfect, Cliff Bar & Luna Protein those are yummy! Just like a chocolate bar =)
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    http://lunabar.com/products/bars/lemonzest/

My FAVORITE is the Luna bar Lemonzest- I can make it last for 2 snack times and it tastes like dessert! They also have a smores one that's good too.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    The best tasting bar I've ever had is Kind Plus almond cashew with flax. They're not as nutritious as many of the others, but I would rather have a Kind bar as a snack as anything, even stuff that's bad for you - just delicious. :smile:
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I just discovered Quest Protein bars and LOVE them!

http://www.questproteinbar.com/
    (I buy them from AllStarHealth.com because the shipping is cheaper)

Minimal ingredients, HIGH fiber, low carb (all carbs from nuts and not sugar), gluten free

I've tried all the flavors and like them all. And if you put the chocolate brownie one in the microwave for 10 seconds, it's like eating a warm brownie! MMMM!!

* I'll also say that my hubby doesn't like the taste or texture of them. So, everyone should sample bars until you find one that you like!
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    I was a Luna Bar junkie for a while; i got tired of them.. they're delicious, though.

Think Thin bars are very yum..

now, i LOVE-LOVE-LOVE Power Bar Simple Energy bars.. they only come in two flavors, but both are excellent. I eat them before a workout & have crazy energy the entire time.