Breaking out like a teenager!

Options
:blushing: Ok--so I have been drinking water like crazy and wiping off sweat off my face with a separate towel, washing my face after my workouts with water and a daily cleanser AND using a separate towel to pat my face dry--but lately I've been breaking out like crazy!! I know everyone is different but does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of these breakouts and to prevent them from happening?! My diet does not consist of fast foods or greasy foods and I avoid touching my face at all costs! Any suggestion BIG or SMALL will be of great help! Thank you! :flowerforyou:

btw--I don't wear make up!

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem-I am heading to doc in a few minutes for this reason!
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    When I first started working out my acne got a little worse at the beginning. This is partially getting rid of the toxin in your skin. Eventually my skin cleared up. I am one of those crazy people who consistantly drink more than 12 cups a day. Another thing that helps is an oil free moisterizer and makign sure you are using the right cleanser. I try and to a face mask once a week but am not super successful but this also helps.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Dairy! I am not sure why but people have had great success with cutting out dairy.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I used to ave this problem a lot when I used to swim everyday. I never wore makeup and I would always wash my face, eat well, and rink tons of water. I found that the problem was that my skin was too dry. I started using moisturizer/lotion and my skin cleared up a lot.
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I am the same way. 26 and still have flippin acne! I just started using proactive, and BAM! they're gone! I use the cleanser and then a night solution that is stronger than the one that comes with the set. I drink a ton of water, eat healthy and don't touch my face too. But, proactive works for me!
  • angelazurcher
    Options
    Eating foods high in antioxidants like blueberries and strawberries helps!
    My skin stays clear because I take doxycycline for it... but before I had the same problem!
    You are doing everything right though :) change your pillowcase every few days and maybe change your cleanser once you've used up this bottle.
    Good luck!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I have started having this issue too, so now I keep a thing of those Neutragena face wipes in the car and wipe my face after finishing my workout before I do anything else. I also bought the Proactive body wash and that has helped with my back.
  • FlipThis112
    FlipThis112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was having the same issue, and tried every OTC product that existed. I finally went and saw a dermatologist and she gave me a script for a topical antibiotic/retinol product and it worked wonders. I would go a see a dermatologist, the topical she gave me was like magic.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear some suggestions as well...I have had the same problem since I started working out in January. I never had acne as a teenager - ever. And now, as a healthy adult, I seem to go very few days in between a breakout on my chin! I have switched to expensive mineral makeup which has helped but just when I think I am doing everything right BAM another little F*#ker shows up! lol
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    See a dermatologist! Epiduo is my savior.
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your skin. It may or may not have anything to do with what you're eating/drinking/wearing. I have very oily skin and tend to break out in the chin area, which is usually hormonal. There's not a whole lot I can do beyond prescription oil controllers, such as benzoyl peroxides, antibiotics, retinols. See a dermatologist.
  • bluebelle00
    Options
    Sometimes if your skin gets dried out too much, it will break out. Try using a moisturizer after cleansing. I use Mary Kay brand cleanser & moisturizer, and it seems to work really well.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I first started my healthier lifestyle. I tried everything and anything to get rid of the acne other than prescription meds because I didn't want to spend that money. Anywho, I have recently started juicing and getting double or triple the amount of fruits and vegetables in my diet daily as a result and my skin has started to clear up! Don't know if it's a coincidence or not but it's an observation that I have made. :smile:
  • laitae
    laitae Posts: 50
    Options
    Hi there! Are there any specific places that you break out? Is it the whole face or maybe just the chin area? What type of skin do you have? Have you ever broken out before? My skin is oily/sensitive/acne prone, but the last time I had pimples was in mid June. I had enough of pimples and made some changes in my diet and skincare. After reading some articles on how milk causes breakouts, I stopped drinking milk and now focus on soy and other alternatives to milk. I also started taking diet supplements with vitamins, minerals and fish oil. I discovered La Roche Posay range for oily/sensitive skin. The product that cleared out my spots was Effaclar K. Just a few quick suggestions from me. Hope this helps a little bit, I know how pimples can be frustrating and get you down. Keep the faith!
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    I have 2 things for you to try. 1 use cetaphil after working out. It is a non soap cleanser that won't dry your skin. If that doesn't work at night was your face with an exfoilating cleaner (i use olay). Pat dry. Use a toner lightly across the skin the immediately use a facial lotion. One of these methods usually clears any issues I have right up. Either your skin is too dry or when the pores open up and you sweat bacteria is getting in.
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    :indifferent: YEP! I have the EXACT same problems! I was just complaining to my husband last night about how broke out my face is this week!! I HATE IT! I have tried so many different pills and creams that my doctor has prescribed, as well as over the counter stuff, but nothing works that well for me....so yeah, I am not sure. Maybe I need to go see and actual dermatologist too!! Geesh! :frown:
  • briannafitness
    Options
    wear a headband or bandanas.
    Or it might be something your shampoo, conditioner, or make up is doing?
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    My face usually breaks out when my skin is too dry. I would use a water-based moisturizer and see if that helps you. :)
  • sweetbri07
    sweetbri07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that my skin has been more sensitive lately due to the weather changes....especially when it gets humid, it makes my skin more oily, and any sun damage to my skin weakens it, allowing breakouts to occur. I started applying more sunscreen and using a tanning lotion containing vitamin E in it (which helps with free radicals) and it has helped clear up my skin. I also make sure I remove my make up before going to bed, and I wash my face in the morning gently so I dont over-dry it.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I find that I break out when I actually use facial cleanser. Personal, but it could be the culprit...maybe.