C-Section "Pooch".... will it ever go away??

Options
dsak
dsak Posts: 367 Member
Two C-Sections after the age of 40... overweight and out of shape for both pregnancies. I'm half way to my goal (still have 40-50lbs to go) and was wondering if my C-Section pooch will ever go away? I know I can't spot reduce, and... I know I have to lose more fat and build muscle to see more of a difference, but... just wondering if it ever goes away and if I'll ever have an abdomen without that pooch.

For those women who have were overweight before/during/after pregnancy and had c-sections... what is your experience???

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    No idea. I would like to know too.
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    Well I still have mine, but it has gotten smaller. I had one c section almost a year ago, but I still have about 14lbs to go. Don't worry it will get smaller.
  • MissMegan3119
    Options
    Honestly, it can vary on different factors, such as how the muscles were cut, the way your c-section was performed, how your body stores fat, etc. It will shrink though with loss. Good luck.
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It will get smaller, but you just might end up with extra skin there. At least that's what I'm ending up with after my 2 c-sections. Consider it a battle scar from having your beautiful kids :flowerforyou:
  • beckysbeauties
    beckysbeauties Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am below the weight I was before I ever got pregnant (I've had two c-sections) and I still have a very large "pooch". I asked my family doctor (who is a good friend of mine) and he said the only thing that will get rid of it is surgery :(
  • lmh0111
    lmh0111 Posts: 11
    Options
    bump
  • HeatherrSue
    HeatherrSue Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It will get smaller but I don't think it will go away completely, not without a tummy tuck. I've had 2 cesections...one 3 years ago and one 12 years ago. Last year I was at 185 pounds, today I'm at 138 pounds. I still have about 13 pounds to hit my main goal but I still have a little pooch there. I just try to remember, I have that because I wanted children and I love my kids. I have strechmarks from mid stomach to my thighs from my 3 pregnancies and I'll have it forever, but it was for a good cause. Just remember, its healthier to have a little saggy skin from weight loss than it is to have tight skin that's full of fat under neath it. :-) Be proud of yourself and your body, every little imperfection. Besides, perfect is boring. Good luck!
  • Maryannbloomquist
    Options
    3 c sections and the pooch is getting smaller, but I do not expect to have a flat tummy, 17 lbs lost and 25lbs to go. Tummy tuck anyone?
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    3 c sections and the pooch is getting smaller, but I do not expect to have a flat tummy, 17 lbs lost and 25lbs to go. Tummy tuck anyone?

Maybe we can get a group discount?
  • kristielea85
    Options
    Hi,

I am a 26 year old overweight mother who had two c-sections very close together. I was overweight like you said before/during and after. I joined bootcamp and I have lost a total of 50 pounds (Wahoo). My stomach has definetely shrunk a lot, but I still have that "pooch" and I fricken hate it. It sucks because I went this long being overweight and finally I am ready for ya know the "bikini body" (well a one piece because of my stretch marks) and now I have to deal with this pooch that would ever fully go away. I am proud of my accomplishments so far as I look like a totally different person with my weight loss. Congrats on your children and good luck with your weight loss. :)
  • DK30096
    DK30096 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I too had a c - section. I see it going away while running. However I only had 1 so I'm not sure what a second cut would do. I think you can build muscle around there to help it get firm but I know it takes a lot for core building! I remeber when I was doing Pilates (sp?) there was a lot of lower ab working out and it kicked my stomachs butt!!!
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Well I had a pooch before my c/s 4 years ago... and now w/in 7 lbs of my goal weight I still have a pooch. I don't think I realistically expected otherwise, although it would've been nice . I'm working to tone my abs to make it less noticeable since it is something I can control.
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Maybe we can get a group discount?

Hahaha!!!! Wouldn't that be nice!
  • ambekat
    ambekat Posts: 9
    Options
    I had a c-section with my first baby, lost 46 pounds afterwards, and I had good firm toned abs, with a little bit of a c-section hang over still even at my low ideal weight. I really don't think it ever goes completely away w/o a tummy tuck, but it will get better. I have two more c sections since then, and am once again getting in shape now.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    mine hasn't and I've already lost 143 lbs with only 15 more to go. It has shrunk but still very there!!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Oh this is not good news! I hate mine! I had a c with my twins and this belly is horrible. The only thing that was ever small on me was my stomach. I was hoping all of you that are close to your goals were going to say that it's gone! :sad:
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I had 2 c sections as well and I was told the only way to truly get rid of it was surgery.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I've given up hoping it will be gone...I'm just gonna invest in some Spanx so at least it will be minimized under my clothes. :)
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Oh and I have 2 scars because the second time around they didn't want to deal with scar tissue from the first so they went up about 3 inches or more (I NEVER look at my scars so I'm not sure) to make the incision with the twins. Wonder how lovely that's gonna look 90 pounds from now. :/
  • dmbnj
    dmbnj Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I doubt the pooch is from the c-sect. More likely it's from pregnancy or weight gain.