water on the brain....

Options
Hi all, so just curious...I know hydration is a big part of working out and all that fun stuff, but what type of water intake should I be aiming for? I definitely get my recommended 8 glasses a day, but how much higher should I be aiming when it comes to weight loss and working out? I have no problem with drinking water, but it's not like I'm sitting at my desk guzzling water every single second, so sometimes even though all I drink is water (except my one cup of coffee in the mornings) sometimes I still wonder if I'm drinking enough. Thoughts/ advice is greatly appreciated...thanks :)

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining the "half your body weight in ounces" routine.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    along with this....I seem to drink most of my daily intake in the first half of the day and then it dwindles after lunch. does it make a difference if its all within a few hours or does it "need" to spaced evenly?
  • kashia09
    kashia09 Posts: 15
    Options
    along with this....I seem to drink most of my daily intake in the first half of the day and then it dwindles after lunch. does it make a difference if its all within a few hours or does it "need" to spaced evenly?

hmm...never thought about that...curious to find out though.
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    There are debates out there about how much water to drink a day. Personally, I have found that drinking 8-12 glasses a day is perfect for me, higher on a cardio day. From what I have read, to really absorb the water, you should drink about a glass an hour. Otherwise, you are passing most of it through your system.