Hey Women what multi vitamins do you take?

Options
DK30096
DK30096 Posts: 62 Member
I've been working out for 11 days now and though I feel better I can tell that I'm in need of some vitamins! I feel drained and dizzy (drinkng lots of water). So what Vitamins do you take if any?

Replies

• Nichole1981
    Nichole1981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    women's one a day active metabolism
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Plain ol' Women's One-A-Day.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    No vitamins just loads of healthy fruit and veg and lean proteins.
  • journey_to_me
    journey_to_me Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ABC plus^^
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Up&Up (Target generic) gummy multivitamin and chocolate calcium chew
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Gummy prenatals! Regular multis make me sick and the gummies just looked fun, they are just as good as the pills. Though yummy enough I occasioanlly want more then 2 lol
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me take my kids multivitamin, so I do - the gummy kind. Yummy. Plus B12, D, Folic Acid.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I used vitaminid.com to figure out what vitamins I needed and then bought them at walmart
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have been reading up on vitamins in the Women First Magazine, and started today taking L-Carnitine. I do need a Women's One A Day, and I am reading up on Coconut Oil. Never have taken vitamins or any suppliments before, but I feel like I need them now as well.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I take no multi-vitamins. A balanced diet is all the multi-vitamin you do.
  • bymelya1
    bymelya1 Posts: 34
    Options
    Women One-a-Day active metabolism.
  • slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    If you are feeling drained and dizzy, you might want to relook at your calorie intake and what you are actually eating. Are you getting enough protein, carbs etc? I don't think vitamins will help that, although it won't hurt to take them.
  • jcannon15
    jcannon15 Posts: 148
    Options
    one a day sour gummy vitamins they're yummy and u can chew them so i can grab and go, i used to take the one a day energy boost but i was always forgetting.
  • giraffebelly
    Options
    I take Women's One A Day too mostly for the Calcium and Folic Acid. But always good to try and get most of your nutrients from fruits and veggies, whole grains, lean protein, and low fat dairy. If you're dizzy and drained maybe you're working out a little too hard? Make sure you give your body some good fuel before you work out so you feel great when you're done:smile:
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    New Chapter Women's One
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options

Not necessarily, plenty of women are naturally deficient in minerals and vitamins that are hard to get in even the most natural of diets (vitamins K and D are perfect examples.... and half the B vitamins actually)

If you still have symptoms while on the vitamins though you should get blood tested to make sure you arent deficient in thing like Iron, and like another pointed out make sure you are properly eating your cals to fuel your body
  • DK30096
    DK30096 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If you are feeling drained and dizzy, you might want to relook at your calorie intake and what you are actually eating. Are you getting enough protein, carbs etc? I don't think vitamins will help that, although it won't hurt to take them.

Thanks! You are right! I do need to eat more nutriant rich food I'm sure (it's part of my life style change I have not been able to master yet)! I would like to take vitamins just to help it along.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I take Up&Up women's daily multi and new chapter wholemega
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I take Nature Made Liquid Multi-vitamin. I suggest taking a daily multi as backup to healthy eating. Considering RDA or recommended daily allowance of a nutrient is the bare minimum our body needs to avoid disease state, it is wise to give yourself a little insurance.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options

Not necessarily, plenty of women are naturally deficient in minerals and vitamins that are hard to get in even the most natural of diets (vitamins K and D are perfect examples.... and half the B vitamins actually)

If you still have symptoms while on the vitamins though you should get blood tested to make sure you arent deficient in thing like Iron, and like another pointed out make sure you are properly eating your cals to fuel your body

Well that may be true but the OP has no idea if she has any deficiencies. Looks like a "quick fix" solution is what is being sought here. Of course, people have deficiencies...didn't think I needed to caveat my response with that. Most people take a multi-vit because other people tell them to do so...it's a waste of money. I don't think the OP was looking for the response "Go get bloodwork at your doctor" that's pretty much the first thing I would do. Vitamins aren't the solution necessarily