Alcohol calories

Options
Hi, I have a question to ask.I like to have a couple of glasses of wine at night.Do they count as my exercise calories or it has to be food?

Replies

• DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Calories are calories, doesn't matter if they're liquid. Alcohol calories will however make you retain water and *may* make losing more difficult for you.

But life's short if it fits in your plan - live it up girl!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be fat that give up wine :blushing:
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    It can be whatever you want. As long as your number is under at the day, NET calories including what you burned in exercise. It'll be fine. I hit the gym hard when I go out drinking earning hopefully 800 extra calories which is 8 light beers.
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options

Ditto..............
  • IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I log "drinks" unders snacks.

Fochizzy, I do the same thing.....lol a Apple Martini is about 180 calories.
  • IamJustSanie
    Options

Ditto..............
    Double ditto
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I usually have a glass of wine or three, two or three times a week, I count them as calories, but I always try to exercise more on those days to compensate. I do find though that the weight loss seems a bit slower on those days. However, I like my wine, so I'm prepared to put up with that. You have to balance out enjoyment and being "good" all the time. :bigsmile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Calories are calories. I almost always drink my exercise calories back with wine. I get enough food in 1200 calories. When I get dressed for Zumba in the evenings I tell my husband "time to go earn some wine." :drinker:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Luckily you don't have to do either.
  • IamJustSanie
    Options
    Calories are calories. I almost always drink my exercise calories back with wine. I get enough food in 1200 calories. When I get dressed for Zumba in the evenings I tell my husband "time to go earn some wine." :drinker:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I have to use that one....
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I usually have a glass of wine or three, two or three times a week, I count them as calories, but I always try to exercise more on those days to compensate. I do find though that the weight loss seems a bit slower on those days. However, I like my wine, so I'm prepared to put up with that. You have to balance out enjoyment and being "good" all the time. :bigsmile:

Yup, what she said. I like my wine and I'm working it in. I'm not losing as much if I wasn't enjoying my wine, but gosh darn it, GIVE ME MY WINE, and no one gets hurt :flowerforyou:
  • crysofmyk
    crysofmyk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Totally count :cry:. I upped my morning work out by 20 minutes to allow for my wine. Then I only drink a glass of wine on Friday and Saturday night, unless I've had a really rough day. But since I work out 7 days a week I end up with extra calories burned than I had planned for :happy: . May sound weird, but it's been working for me.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be fat than give up my MDG64.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be fat than give up my MDG64.

*sigh* A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, ya hater!! *LOL*
  • polkataniec
    Options
    I really like what I hear! So far I did that and it worked I just wasn't sure.I drink a lot of water and I'm happy I can keep my wine in my diet! Thanks!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    when i was younger and went clubing i use to drink light beer and i lost 80 pounds still