I'm not as old as I look and feel!

sweetestthing
sweetestthing Posts: 102
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
hi all. I just started 3 days ago and it has been so tough. Especially when for so long my whole life has been about eating. I feel so motivated this time because some people think my husband is my son!! I feel so ashamed and just horrible. We have a hard time hanging out outside of our home because I am always embarrassed. I really need all the help and support I can get. I just got married one year ago and I feel old and tired and need a change. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I wish everyone luck!!

Replies

• hi all. I just started 3 days ago and it has been so tough. Especially when for so long my whole life has been about eating. I feel so motivated this time because some people think my husband is my son!! I feel so ashamed and just horrible. We have a hard time hanging out outside of our home because I am always embarrassed. I really need all the help and support I can get. I just got married one year ago and I feel old and tired and need a change. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I wish everyone luck!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    1st of all some people are just stupid! Learn that now and save yourself a lot of heartache.

2nd you do NOT look old!

You are in the right place. You must know you are worth it, or you wouldn't be here. Look in the mirror, are you taking care of yourself? Do you fix your hair, apply makeup?

I found that I stopped taking care of myself when I was in my 30's because I gained weight. I thought, who the hell cares-no one is looking at me anyway.

When we feel ugly and old, people see us that way.

AT TI TUDE MY GIRL, ATTITUDE!

You are georgous! Once the 1st 5 pounds comes off you will remember that!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Actually-- from her profile, the first five already did-- congrats!!

The comments made to you are as stupid as the people who ask "when are you due," duhhhh-- or try this one on for size--

I was out with my six week old son a couple years ago, and my then 14 year old daughter in McDonald's. Some clueless ol' broad asks me, " Is this your first grandchild?" I looked at her like the clueless idiot she is and said, "He's my son, Ma'am, not my grandson." "Oh, I'm so sorry," she said. I just looked at her and said, "Smack," which is what I wanted to do to her.

My daughter thought it was hilarious until I informed her that the woman was also implying that SHE was the 14 year old teenage mother of the child-- then she became equally offended and wanted to smack her, too.

Point? People are stupid.

God bless you on this journey-- it's so rewarding!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Reality is people are lame. They do not consider others feelings and say whatever they want without thinking. Speaking is also an art. Really. The best advice is stop feeling sorry for yourself and join the bandwagon. We are all here for a reason and our focus should not get us away from what we are doing. Especially NOT because of people and their comments. G'luck. We are all here if you need us.
  • ladies, I can't thank you enough for your kind words. I did get up today and had a real good new tude. I hope it lasts. I had a hard time tonight at dinner, had way too much meat, but glad I stayed away from the carbs. Are you guys just doing a calorie control diet?
  • arewethereyet
    cals and exercise. I find that when I do my 30-60 minutes of weights, elliptical or walking I feel so much more energenitc!

AND>>>>I get MORE food! Double whammy!

:laugh:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    The important thing is that you've started. :)
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    ladies, I can't thank you enough for your kind words. I did get up today and had a real good new tude. I hope it lasts. I had a hard time tonight at dinner, had way too much meat, but glad I stayed away from the carbs. Are you guys just doing a calorie control diet?

Yep-- we're wayyyyy poor-- hubby lost his mortgage job, and we're living on a shoestring. Meat and fruits-- all 'healthy" food, et cetera, are luxuries. We're living on pasta, pasta and more pasta-- boxed foods, frozen foods-- anything cheap. I'm counting calories, and still losing. Maybe not as fast as I'd like, but still going in the right direction.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    You're a very pretty lady! Give me your cheekbones...now, missy!!!! :angry:

Only people that are hateful/spiteful/beyotches would think your hubby is your son so ignore them!!

Welcome & good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Cheek Bones!?!?! I want a jaw line again:grumble: !! Look at her jawline, so perfect and straight.:love: Lovely.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Forget that...I want that dark hair! I've always been jealous of women with naturally dark, beautfiul hair.

You can do this! I agree with everyone else on here. Who gives a flying rat's butt what other people think about you & your husband. See AWTY's quote? "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain That's what those people proved. They're idiots.

You can get your self confidence back. Do this for yourself, not anyone else! Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • ranaelynn
    ranaelynn Posts: 115 Member

You are in the right place. You must know you are worth it, or you wouldn't be here. Look in the mirror, are you taking care of yourself? Do you fix your hair, apply makeup?

Ditto on this one. I came across a picture of myself from before I stared this journey - lord did it ever show just how little I cared about myself. My hair was a mess and in bad need of a cut, my clothes were - well lets just say I looked like I was wearing something found in the good will box and no makeup. :sick: 59 lbs later I would not think of being seen in public looking like that (yes the picture was actually at a public funtion) I like myself A LOT more now, and that started right after the first 5lbs or so. New clothes, new hairstyle, new lifestyle - its not a diet its a lifestyle change in so many ways. Smile your on your way!
This discussion has been closed.