Very upset

Options
raincloud
raincloud Posts: 405 Member
I am just venting/really hurt I felt like talking about it. You can skip over if you'd like .

In the past 19 months my husband and I have lost 3 grandparents. His grandpa April of '07, my grandpa in October of '07 and his grandma in May of '08. His last grandparent (grandma) has been in the hospital for 2 weeks now. She was put on sedation for a while and is on a ventilator. They took her off of sedation medication last Friday and she hasn't woken up :frown:

My husband spoke with his dad today saying that he and I would visit her on Tuesday, and his father replied "I will try to keep her alive until then, but I don't think she will last a week".

I am at work, and my husband told me this. I am upset. I am sad, I am crying. I told a few co-workers that I work with a lot because I was obviously upset.

About 30 minutes later I walked in on them talking badly about me! Like "I don't know how someone is always dying in her family, she's always getting funeral time and I don't really think anyone has died." So I went from :cry: to :explode:

When I rounded the corner and made it known I was there, one of my co-workers RAN! Really now, how old are we? Can we back what we say please?

I am done. I just feel like giving up. It's not fair.

Replies

• raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am just venting/really hurt I felt like talking about it. You can skip over if you'd like .

In the past 19 months my husband and I have lost 3 grandparents. His grandpa April of '07, my grandpa in October of '07 and his grandma in May of '08. His last grandparent (grandma) has been in the hospital for 2 weeks now. She was put on sedation for a while and is on a ventilator. They took her off of sedation medication last Friday and she hasn't woken up :frown:

My husband spoke with his dad today saying that he and I would visit her on Tuesday, and his father replied "I will try to keep her alive until then, but I don't think she will last a week".

I am at work, and my husband told me this. I am upset. I am sad, I am crying. I told a few co-workers that I work with a lot because I was obviously upset.

About 30 minutes later I walked in on them talking badly about me! Like "I don't know how someone is always dying in her family, she's always getting funeral time and I don't really think anyone has died." So I went from :cry: to :explode:

When I rounded the corner and made it known I was there, one of my co-workers RAN! Really now, how old are we? Can we back what we say please?

I am done. I just feel like giving up. It's not fair.
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    First off take a deep breath. Some person around you will always say something negative and show their a**- it's a given and it happens everytime.

I am very sorry for your losses and I am very sorry about your husbands grandma- that has got to be so upsetting right now especially with it being around the holidays!!!

All you can really do is ignore them or you could go punch them in the lip...wait scratch that...

Again I am really sorry and I hope you get to see her and she wakes up and lives a really long time.

**huggss**
  • blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wow, how immature are people? :noway:
    When I read your post I was kinda angry for people acting so ignorant!
    I'm sorry to hear for your losses, and the people you work with obviously aren't giving you any support. Like the other girl said, I'd ignore them too. Or, excuse me, **** EM.
    who are they to say that stuff about you. and yea, I'd make the person who ran feel so uncomfortable as much as possible :laugh:
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You should give that person who ran an old glue stick or piece of tape or something sticky with a note that says I thought you could use this seeing the way you "tore a** outta here the other day" the pun being on tear/tore....

Yeah I am an idiot but I think I'm pretty funny...most of the time. :laugh: :laugh:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    People can be so rude and insensitive:noway:
    I'm sorry you have to work with people like that. You def. should let them know that you heard them and let them know it was very mean and plain rude!

I'm sorry for your losses:flowerforyou: Try to stay positve :heart:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    although it in no way excuses what they said, workplaces are notorious for being gossipy. People need something to talk about, it just happened to be you. Let's be fair, they didn't know you'd overhear, and I bet none of them meant what was said. But still it was extremely insensitive and you shoulfd absolutely tell them that. Or tell your supervisor/boss about it. 1) it's none of their business and 2) harrassment of any kind in the workplace is unacceptable, and coworkers that openly gossip about your personal life is harrassment in my opinion. Good luck and I hope things get better quickly :flowerforyou:
  • NB_Lady
    NB_Lady Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss and please don't let the insensitive idiots you work with get you down..........I know the pain of losing all of my grandparents and can't imagine my co-workers behaving like that.

Just try to think on the positive side............at least you just have to put up with them through the work day...........just think of the poor people who have to live with them.

Having said that, some things get said at the workplace that others don't speak up against but maybe your other co-workers don't necessarily agree with but don't have the balls to speak up against.

Stay strong and try to think of all the positive memories you have...........and know that there are a lot of people who do care:flowerforyou:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    oh, these are zombie threads...damn, I thought chit chat as actually going back to being chit chat.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    This is old as *kitten*