No Sugar Added Yogurt

Options
Has anyone tried any of the No Sugar Added Publix Yogurt? I'm trying to kick more sugar out of my diet and was wondering if this is something I could sacrifice. Going to buy some tonight, but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on it? Does it taste good? That's what it boils down to. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• LRA11
    LRA11 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of that kind of yogurt but am curious to read what other have to say about it.

On another note, my sister in law introduced me to Hal Higdeon's traning schedule when I was training for a 10K and it worked out great :)
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    No sugar added usually means artificial sweeteners... they aren't any better for you than real sugar, and can sometimes cause cravings for MORE sweet foods. Splenda (sucralose) is basically a chemically-altered version of sugar, and aspartame (Equal) is the same. Truvia comes from the stevia plant, which is a natural option (though more pricey, and there isn't as much stuff out there made with it yet).

Artificial sweeteners also taste kind of chemical, IMHO. Have you considered a Greek yogurt with honey or fruit? Then you get the sweet, you get in your servings of fruit, and you avoid the chemical additives.
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    No sugar added usually means artificial sweeteners... they aren't any better for you than real sugar, and can sometimes cause cravings for MORE sweet foods. Splenda (sucralose) is basically a chemically-altered version of sugar, and aspartame (Equal) is the same. Truvia comes from the stevia plant, which is a natural option (though more pricey, and there isn't as much stuff out there made with it yet).

Artificial sweeteners also taste kind of chemical, IMHO. Have you considered a Greek yogurt with honey or fruit? Then you get the sweet, you get in your servings of fruit, and you avoid the chemical additives.

Sadly, I do not like Greek yogurt. :(

I will check the label of this No Sugar Added yogurt and see what it says. If it doesn't work out, I may have to run to Kroger and try their CarbMaster brand of yogurt....heard good things.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Sadly, I do not like Greek yogurt. :(

I will check the label of this No Sugar Added yogurt and see what it says. If it doesn't work out, I may have to run to Kroger and try their CarbMaster brand of yogurt....heard good things.

How often have you tried Greek Yogurt? I wasn't a big huge fan at first but now I love it.. Although I do think I'm going to switch to plain w/ a little honey for now, to lower sugar counts.