In 11 days I've lost 4 lbs

Options
NWCountryGal
NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
I finally went back to see when I started eating my "exercise" calories. I started this whole deal on Oct. 6th but did not start losing regularly until November 9. It was that day I wrote a post whining about not losing anything, LOL:bigsmile: :laugh: and darlin kerri asked me if I was eating my exercise calories. I
I looked back and there were days when I had 700 calories left to eat and I was thinking I was doing a good thing by "not" eating them, geesh:)

Anyway, thank you all again, I am just so excited. My future sure seems brighter now:) No choice in getting older but I sure have a choice on feeling and looking my best for the age I am:)

denise in Oregon:)

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    Options
    I finally went back to see when I started eating my "exercise" calories. I started this whole deal on Oct. 6th but did not start losing regularly until November 9. It was that day I wrote a post whining about not losing anything, LOL:bigsmile: :laugh: and darlin kerri asked me if I was eating my exercise calories. I
    I looked back and there were days when I had 700 calories left to eat and I was thinking I was doing a good thing by "not" eating them, geesh:)

Anyway, thank you all again, I am just so excited. My future sure seems brighter now:) No choice in getting older but I sure have a choice on feeling and looking my best for the age I am:)

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    we knew you could do it :flowerforyou:
  • fit4fun
    Options
    :bigsmile: Right on!
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss and positive attitude. Who knew eating could be so rewarding?
  • chrissypoo
    Options
    what are exercise calories?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

The amount of calories you burn with exercise - if you log your exercsise, it will add them into your daily intake automatically but you gotta eat those too
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Sometimes it does take some time to figure out what works for our bodies and what it responds to best. GO YOU :flowerforyou:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    So many replies this a.m.!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: :drinker: Thank you all and see, another person needing to know about eating for weight loss:) Isn't that just amazing how many of us don't know about that?? Well, thank God for this website and EVERY person on it:) You all are such great encouragers:) Have a wonderful day!! We are expecting some snow-showers today already this year! Woohooooooooo!!!

denise in Sams Valley OR

You are doing great! Sometimes it does take some time to figure out what works for our bodies and what it responds to best. GO YOU :flowerforyou:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Hey Chrissy, so glad you asked because I was literally denying my body fuel it needed in order to lose weight:) These people on this site are wonderful and anything you want or need to ask they are really here for us:) As Chrissy H said, they are the "extra" we earn when we are active/exercising. We do need to eat those extra in order to lose, I mean, that is what worked for me:)

denise in Sams Valley OR

• theinfamouswho
    Options
    That is great! I think I may have lost another pound, not much but step by step, pound by pound......
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    This may be a stupid question but why do you have to eat your exercise calories?

I am over my calories for the day and I plan on running when I get home. But do I have to eat all the colories i burn?
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    HI SIS!!!!!! Hey, so good to see you:) So are you doing your journal? Do you need some food ideas? I always do, send me some, LOLLLLLLLLLL!!! Are you eating your "exercise" calories:laugh: :grumble: LOL:) So glad you are here:) God bless and see your round!!! denise;):drinker: PS those are smoothies Im drinkin, LOL!!! Im a "two-fisted" smoothee drinker;)

That is great! I think I may have lost another pound, not much but step by step, pound by pound......
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    no stupid questions;) Yes, you do, LOL!!! I have an article my sweet friend fitness chick sent me. If you don't have it by the time I get back with it(I'll go copy and paste the link)then I'll have it here for you.:) brb, denise:bigsmile:

This may be a stupid question but why do you have to eat your exercise calories?

I am over my calories for the day and I plan on running when I get home. But do I have to eat all the colories i burn?
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    k, here it is, thanks to fitness chick. She sent it to me so I would understand the importance of fueling my body so it doesn't start "eating itself from the inside out":sick: Sorry but that is basically what happens if a body doesn't get the fuel it needs. For some reason if we deny the fuel it needs it doesn't burn up the fat. The fat stores in some sort of "protection mode" and instead, we start burning up lean muscle mass and even organs:sick: We've been lied to by people that only want to make a buck on their get skinny quick scams:( I doubt anyone ever regrets finding this site. I love the Lord and I believe He brought me here as I prayed long and hard for willingness to do something with this 55 year ole bod that I really let go. I felt awful and had all sorts of medical problems creeping up on me. I felt OLD overnight. I feel 20 years younger now and I could go on and on:) Write me anytime:) Ask questions and stick close to those that have gone before us and are winning the battle:)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo?page=12#posts-287206

• stephiepoo
    Options
    Congrats :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!