Game of Thrones fans?

Options
amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
Any fans, book or show? I haven't read the books yet, I was going to buy the books, but then I realized A. I don't have time to read until I graduate in October, and B. I need to stop thinking I can buy what I want as soon as I want it. I'll save them for a Christmas gift.

I'm in serious withdrawl since season 1 ended....though I am upset that they killed off my two favorite characters. I won't say who in case that would spoil it for anyone, but I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.

Replies

• datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    Read the books. You won't regret it.

That said, I'm a fan of both. :) HBO has done it justice I think. They had to cut a lot out, but the production quality has been fantastic.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the books...they are freaking amazing! I'll watch the show after I complete the books, lol...if possible.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the books...they are freaking amazing! I'll watch the show after I complete the books, lol...if possible.

Hey S! How are you? You and J need to come swim again, I have till the 15th free. I promise there hasn't been anymore poo in there, I haven't been back since we tried to go that day. Anyway, G read the books a while back and watched the show when HBO had a free weekend and he watched them On Demand. Maybe they will come out on DVD when you are ready to watch.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

Hey S! How are you? You and J need to come swim again, I have till the 15th free. I promise there hasn't been anymore poo in there, I haven't been back since we tried to go that day. Anyway, G read the books a while back and watched the show when HBO had a free weekend and he watched them On Demand. Maybe they will come out on DVD when you are ready to watch.

Hey K! This is J's last week of freedom before school starts, lol. Next week we can hang out with no interferance...tomorrow is L's B-Day...36, lol. Glad G liked the books...L got me hooked, lol. I'll have to check the local HBO to see if/when it'll be back on. I can't wait.
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    I just finished the first book in the series and absolutely loved it. It's killing me to have to wait to get the next one lol. I don't have hbo so haven't had the chance to watch the show, but typically I can't watch movies or shows based off of books that I've read, I just end up screaming at the tv.
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Addicted. I have been waiting impatiently for the books to make it to the movies, but they did me one better and turned it into a show, which they did a great job on.
    If anyone you know has a BJs membership they can buy you the first 4 for 6 bucks apiece. Merry Christmas. lol
    Now I have to get back to reading. The fifth book came out in July and I wanted to reread the first four, so the new one is just staring at me from the other side of the room. Can't wait!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Had read the series awhile back and been WAITING for the new book, A Dance With Dragons. Reading it now. :happy: Has had some nice surprises in it.

Don't have HBO, but saw an episode of the show. Hope to see it on DVD or something soon.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend made me watch the whole first season with him..I didn't think I'd like it because it's not my usual genre, but I LOVED it!! Can't wait for season 2!
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for Season 2!!
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the books. My husband is a book behind me right now and it's driving me crazy. I want to talk about the crazy Lannisters and he won't let me talk about it. *pout*
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend made me watch the whole first season with him..I didn't think I'd like it because it's not my usual genre, but I LOVED it!! Can't wait for season 2!

Yeah my brother made me watch it and I'm so happy he did. I watched the first episode and didn't think I could get into it. I sometimes had a hard time following what they were talking about and I couldn't keep the people straight. But he watched a few episodes with me and explained as we went, I got hooked pretty quick.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Yes, I just watched the whole season in about a weekend. I don't read these days for pleasure because I'm a student, but I've heard the books are amazing. I was very excited to see Jason Momoa since I haven't seen him in anything since Stargate Atlantis.
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My husband and I watched the show and loved it. When we finished season 1 we bought the first four books. I am reading number 1 right now, and I LOVE it!!!!!
  • notvoldy
    notvoldy Posts: 16
    Options
    though I am upset that they killed off my two favorite characters. I won't say who in case that would spoil it for anyone, but I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.

Honestly, there are so many deaths in the series, it's entirely possible for two people to come up with different ones.

Finished the TV series awhile back, chugging my way through the first book now. The books are definitely worth it, even if you saw the show first.
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    I'm a fan!!! I read the first three books and some parts I cried. I couldn't watch the episode because I knew my fav character was going to die.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong that I was most upset about the dog?
  • trouserchili
    Options
    Got the first book after watching the first couple of episodes and promptly decided I couldn't keep the bazillion different characters straight in my head. I then spoiled it all by reading the GoT wiki page and it's "condensed" version of all the books.

I'll still watch all the shows and love them, even if I do know what's about to happen.