Does anybody know any good Soup recipies???

Options
I love soup, I could eat it all day but i'm finding it hard to make a homemade soup that does contain a lot of sodium in it! If anyone know's of any recipies, please share them...:happy: :wink: :smile:

Replies

• ladylaycee
    Options
    I love soup, I could eat it all day but i'm finding it hard to make a homemade soup that does contain a lot of sodium in it! If anyone know's of any recipies, please share them...:happy: :wink: :smile:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I shared this earlier...more of a "chili" but has a soupy texture too....It is soooo good. I added chicken and kale to it....

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1654648

Plus I didn't add all the spices because I didn't have them...but the tumeric, cinnamon, and cumin are probably the most important to have for the flavor.

Enjoy!
  • Cerabell18
    Options
    I made a soup last night that was DELICIOUS and low in calories.

Roasted Garlic & Sweet Potato Soup = 92 calories for a cup and it is filling

1 Large sweet potato chopped
    1 whole garlic bulb
    4 cups low sodium vegatable broth
    1 onion chopped
    1/4 cup finely cut green beans

Preheat oven to 350, spray roasting pan with cooking spray, roast garlic for about 20 minutes or until soft. Let cool slightly and then remove the garlic flesh and set aside.

Spray skillet or pan with cooking spray and cook potato and onion for about 5 minutes stiring often. Add stock to potatos and onion, bring to boil. Once boiling reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
    Add garlic flesh and green beans, cover, and cook for 10 more minutes or until the potatos are soft

Remove 2 tablespoons of green beans and set aside. Let soup cool slightly.

Place soup mixture into food processor or blender and blend well.

When serving add a small (1 tsp) amount of plain yogurt, green beans, and pepper (to taste).

I had this last night for dinner...delicious. It reheats well too, I had it for lunch as well.