Serving sizes are absurd

Options
http://jezebel.com/5827211/the-absurdity-of-recommended-serving-sizes

Interesting article. Totally on board on the ice cream point... Who can stop until they see the bottom of a Ben and Jerry's tub?!

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I usually only eat a quarter of my Blue Bell ice cream pints...
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    http://jezebel.com/5827211/the-absurdity-of-recommended-serving-sizes

Interesting article. Totally on board on the ice cream point... Who can stop until they see the bottom of a Ben and Jerry's tub?!

This is why, when I get a hankering for B&Js, I get those little 10 for $10 single serving cups. I can stop with a 1/2 cup or 1 cup of regular ice cream, but B&Js doesn't let you stop till you hit bottom... kind of like the Pringles of ice cream.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Thats interesting...especially about PAM spray, 50 calories is a whole lot more than the 0 calories most think it contains!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I buy the Edys 1/2 fat icecream and those little wafer cones and have 1 scoop on top of the cone...........its enough to satisfy and is under 100 calories.................Mmmmmmmmm (Edys is sooooo creamy)
  • SeattleLady
    Options
    I agree that is takes more self control but multiplying the packaging waste and resources by thousands because people cant control themselves is not the answer. And I count myself as one of them. But I would like to note on the comments section of that article, scroll to the middle and one person makes a comment about their "day" it is really funny.

Anyhoo, thanks for sharing!

R
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The comments on Jezzebel are always the best bit! :D
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    This is how I put on all my weight, not knowing about serving sizes, they didn't teach you this when I was at school. I think if they taught this it would probally cut childhood obisity. It wasn't until I was alot older I learnt about protion control.
  • SlipperySlope
    Options
    No offense intended, but I can't imagine using SIX FULL SECONDS of Pam spray!! That's a LOT of Pam--Ew!