Hello everyone!

Options
I'm fairly new here, my name is Erica. For the past few months I've been on and off with this site so I'm trying to stay motivated this time- and I think meeting people will help!! My weight is always fluctuating so I'm trying to just learn how to get healthy and how to make the right choices when it comes to food. This is Day 3 of me logging in and tracking my food/exercise and I feel a brand new motivation to keep it up!

I do have a question. I work overnight from 7p-7a and sometimes it makes it a little difficult to eat properly. I try to eat before I go in, and usually by midnight I am starving again! I don't want to kill all my calories for the day in those first few hours but I still get cravings for late-night snacks (my nights always differ- sometimes I run around burning off calories so I can afford to eat a little more, and others I sit and watch the sun come up and I eat out of boredom). Anyone else work overnight shifts who have an eating routine that works for them?

Thanks, and nice to meet you all!

E

Replies

• CoachSid
    CoachSid Posts: 13
    Options
    Try 100 Calorie snacks every two to three hours and don't give in to the binge eating. It only takes about 2 weeks to get inn the habit of doing the right thing
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Options
    Hiya :)

You should try and eat every 2-3 hrs. Take some easy snacks to eat while at work. Loads of fruit, yogurt, healthy sandwiches. How many calories does MFP recommend?