When doing exercise DVDs in your house on carpeting..

Options
Do you wear socks and tennis shoes/sneakers or go barefoot? Why or why not? I am curious and wondering what is best, I have been doing 30 Day Shred and haven't been wearing shoes, feels weird to inside haha. Any info appreciated!

Replies

• myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Well I use to do it with my tennis shoes... But now I just go barefoot =P ... Reason, I don't find it any different wearing shoes or not wearing shoes...

Also, it's easier for me NOT to wear shoes when I'm in the plank/pushup position on my foot. Better grip? Other wise my shoes slide back a little.
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I wear socks & tennis shoes. I was doing the 30DS barefoot and realized my posture was horrible. Wearing shoes provided support and helped maintain better position for a lot of the exercises.
  • lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    I wear shoes so I have better ankle support...
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Socks. I do find it's easier to do workout with shoes on. I have a shoes only being used indoor, so if I feel like it, I can put those on. But I usually just wear socks.
  • tbisca1
    tbisca1 Posts: 142
    Options
    I have been doing the 30DS as well but I wear tennis shoes bc I have a bad ankle and I want to give it support. Plus I think I would slide when doing some of the movements without them!
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    I wearing my running shoes because I have weak ankles and I find there's less chance of injury for me that way. I wish I could wear my exersteps... they are so comfortable... but I don't trust myself with curved bottom shoes on carpet! LOL
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I go barefoot but sometimes wear socks. I try not to wear shoes in the house.
  • deesjourney2fit
    Options
    I do it barefoot. Most exercise shoes make my feet numb and wide shoes are too wide, my feet slide. I use Vibrams for outside exercise but am barefoot inside!
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    Depends on what I am doing. If the instructor is barefoot I definately have shoes off with things like yoga but if they have shoes and there is a lot of bouncing I have to have shoes on for arch and ankel support.
  • Maddy__H
    Maddy__H Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I also wear shoes, as I need as much support for my joints as I can get!
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    I always wear my sneakers, I don't want to twist my ankle and I also have falling arches so I love my Asics gels!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I go barefoot simply because we don't wear shoes indoors, whatever the reason.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Even though we have a rule about wearing shoes on the carpet, I wear shoes to do Shred. I tried it barefoot and had too much discomfort and not enough grip.
  • Blessed917
    Blessed917 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I tried with my sneakers on but my feet hurt bad so I now go with socks. I found it a lot easier.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I do inanity which has a lot of jumping, there were movement benefits to barefoot, but my knees started giving problems , went back to shoes, and my knees are doing better

try both see what works best,
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I used to go barefoot, but I learned I am more stable and have less harsh impact (during something intense like Plyometrics) if I'm supported by my shoes.. I've never gone barefoot during a workout since.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I tend to be barefooted, sometimes i wear socks but not on purpose.
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    I wear sneakers, if not I dont have enough traction and I slip a lot.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I wear socks and tennies because when I did it barefoot, it hurt.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I tired with shoes and without and ended up finding my five figners are perfect! I also do it on wood floors and move to the carpet when I have to do ab stuff. My feet would hurt so badly with shoes on and I could not do the squats barefoot.