What am I doing wrong?

Options
pratod
pratod Posts: 68 Member
I have been eating healthy, pushing myself with my workouts and eating pretty low-calorie meals....the weight isn't coming off. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Do you keep a diary? Even when I think I am eating healthy and low-calorie I am always surprised by what the tracker says when I count it all.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Based on just the few days I checked on your diary, you are not eating enough. Try and eat back most of your exercise calories. Don't go below 1200 per day. You should see changes in the next couple weeks if you do that.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    You've got yourself set at 1000 Calories a day. That is most likely too large of a deficit.
  • pratod
    Options
    I know it's important to eat back exercise calories but sometimes it's hard for me to feel hungry enough to keep eating. Any tips for sneaky ways to get in more calories (while still being healthy....the goal is to lose after all!)
  • sarahmctaggart
    sarahmctaggart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I find eating a punnet of yoghurt and a handful of unsalted nuts a great snack.
    Try also adding avocado (if you like it) to your salads or sandwiches
  • pratod
    Options
    thanks!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    If you need additional calories. .. I agree with nuts and avocado. . you can also incorportate a protein shake. . .. Jillian michaels has a good whey protein shake. . . or I also use spiru-tein. .. raspberry royale. . .both good. . .Just a thought. .
  • dwaun681
    Options
    Are you eating after 7p?
  • pratod
    Options
    Great suggestion, thank you!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Add chobani yogurt (the fruit kind is great for a dessert) and hard cheeses (like swiss).
  • pratod
    Options
    I do eat after 7 pm. Usually thats when I notice all the extra calories I still need to consume for the day and end up trying to eat them back. Should I try to boost my calorie intake in the morning instead of waiting until nighttime? I don't usually go to bed until midnight or so, so 7 still feels relatively early to me.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I agree that you probably need to eat your exercise calories back, and eat more in general. This is something I’ve also had to learn along the way… and I still don’t know if I’m eating enough yet. The weight is not going to come off until you eat more.

Try doing this slowly by eating small, healthy snacks every 2-3 hours (nuts/seeds, fruit, veggies). I also like pita bread (try whole wheat or Ezekiel brand) with hummus as a snack. Eventually your body will start to recognize when you eat and you’ll start to actually feel hungry every 2-3 hours. If you’re not eating much, of course you’re not going to feel hungry. Your body is trying to store everything it can get since you’re not eating enough.
  • _GlaDOS_
    Options
    I do eat after 7 pm. Usually thats when I notice all the extra calories I still need to consume for the day and end up trying to eat them back. Should I try to boost my calorie intake in the morning instead of waiting until nighttime? I don't usually go to bed until midnight or so, so 7 still feels relatively early to me.

Yes, if you know generally how many calories you will burn, then eat more during the day. I have to do this because I exercise in the evening after work, so I generally eat all my net calories before I even work out, since I usually burn 400-900 calories, that's all I can usually eat for dinner then.
  • _GlaDOS_
    Options
    Also, there really is no science behind the whole "eating late at night" and it being bad for you... so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
  • pratod
    Options
    thank you so much! wonderful suggestions, you guys are brilliant
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options
    No worries.....I'm eating your calories for you!!!!! LOL I sure wish I was told I'm not eating enough! Ugh.
  • reynold975
    Options
    I was the same way, I was dieting, exercising and the pounds would not leave. I then found out that my vitamin D levels were low. Once I started taking my vitamins everyday, the weight started coming off. I starting my diet 8 days ago, and I've already dropped 6 pounds. That would have never happened before.
  • pratod
    Options
    Oh, great idea! I have been meaning to look into finding a daily vitamin. What brand do you take? Congrats on your loss!
  • reynold975
    Options
    I take the Target adult gummy multi-vitamins. It contains 100% of the daily vitamin D needed.