Fit and Fun Sized Group for August 2011

Options
jam0525
jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
Hello everyone,

This forum group is for those of us who are shorter in stature as in under 5'4" a.k.a. petites. While loosing weight and keeping it off is a life journey at any height, it can be even more difficult when you are short.

Any one is welcome to join and post with us.

Jeannie

Replies

• GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Haha FINALLY!.
    I use to be 5'2 a couple months ago, and grew! So now I'm 5'3.
    WHICH IS UNDER STILL, haha : D.
  • Soulbird81
    Options
    Hello everyone,

This forum group is for those of us who are shorter in stature as in under 5'4" a.k.a. petites. While loosing weight and keeping it off is a life journey at any height, it can be even more difficult when you are short.

Any one is welcome to join and post with us.

Jeannie

Yeah!!!! I am (barely) 5'3"....in fact it depends on who measures me because most of the time I'm still told I am 5'2", LMAO...so yeah barely fits well :)
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    5' 2" here! Short girls absolutely have more fun! :wink:
  • blondie1238
    Options
    Woohooooooo! That's me! Feel free to friend me too :) I'm 5'1"!
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Jeannie,

I hope you had fun during your time away!!

~Kim
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your time away Jam!
  • hockeymom95
    hockeymom95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I would love to be! I measure a big 4' 10.5"
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I continue to do well with walking ( with and without dogs) and dancing, but my goal of doing upper body workouts is still a challenge for me. It shouldn't be that hard but I'd rather be walking or dancing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • babygurl1
    Options
    Surgery is next week....:frown: :frown: ...
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    babygurl1 -what kind of surgery are you having? Best of luck for a speedy recovery!!
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    5'1.5" could use all the support I can get. Trying to lose a little under 30 lbs at this point. (goal is 115lb) Feel free to add me!
  • drakeswife09
    drakeswife09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh, that's definitely me! I am 5'0", barely :-) Feel free to add me!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm 5'4, at the top of your scale but still a pretty short stature, and I also have GIGANTIC boobs which shortens my toro and always makes me look heavier than I am!
  • Autumn_P
    Autumn_P Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'll join! I'm 5'4 Feel free to add me :smile:
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    @ Sparkles- yes, the bigger ta-tas it seems the shorter you look! I'm really broad shouldered too so if I wear button down tops they gape in that area unless I get them big enough and then they look like a smock because they are big everywhere else!
  • babygurl1
    Options
    Day by day I'm having hernia repair surgery. So no working out for 6 to 8 weeks after. Grrrrr!!!
  • ChshireKat
    ChshireKat Posts: 117
    Options
    Hi all.

welcome everyone who chimed in and has never chimed in before.

I think my ast post was 2 possibly 3 weeks ago. Nothing new going on. My scale and I are still not communication, it won't make up it's mind. I am still horseback riding, but for less then 30 min a weeks, it takes somewhere between 5 and 10 just to saddle the horse, but I am getting better at it, saturdau I actually won every argument we had over who was in charge.

Still having trouble with dinner, lately I have been mentally wipesout so that I don't even want to think about what I want for dinner. hopefully going to get home in time tonight to make pasta premavera, and then have that for lunch tomorrow as well. Well ... have a good Monday everyone.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am back from being "off the grid" for a week. We all had fun without phones, TV, Ipods and everything else we have learned to depend on. The closes land line was 20 minutes away and in case of an emergency, they had an old fashion radio.

Bears, bears, deer, racoons, more deers and more bears sums up most of the trip.

I will catch up on the posts later,

Jeannie
  • jam0525
    Options
    GreenSkinnyJean – welcome! I am glad you have grown. I, on the other hand, have gone the other way.

Soulbird, HaleyAlli, Blondie, Hockeymom, Sweetsapphire, Drakeswife. Iluvsparkles and Autumn_P – Welcome to all of you! I am so looking forward getting to know each of you and hope you will continue to post here.

Welcome back to our long time posters.

Annita – I feel for you about dinner. It is the hardest meal sometimes. Don’t let it get you down.
    Babygurl – Hang in there. The surgery will come and go quicker than you can imagine. Focus on good eating habits for now.
    Like all vacations, I ate too much, but I did exercise every day. We did some hiking, swimming, canoeing and/or kayaking every day. I love bears. They are the best of the big mammals in my book, but it will be nice not to see them every evening and so close for a while. Before I headed home I announced to my family that I will not weigh myself until August 20th. Lol
    What is everyone up to for August?

Jeannie
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm 5'4, at the top of your scale but still a pretty short stature, and I also have GIGANTIC boobs which shortens my toro and always makes me look heavier than I am!

Yes sparkles, big boobs add not-so-good visual elements at times. Luckily, my torso is somewhat average, so it's not as bad.

Unfortunately, my legs are so short, doesn't matter how good of shape I'm in: my calves are thighs massive.

I'm 4'11", but on everything and to everyone (except here) I'm 5'0. Something about being under five feet makes people not take me seriously. I do thinks it's sad how weight is so evident on those of shorter stature. And I also think it's sad how clothes a)either have to be altered or b) kid clothes aren't designed for those that are curvy.