Daily Fiber...

Options
bgelliott
bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
So I don't know about everyone else but I drink my fiber every day and sometimes it just gets old...so, last weekend I did some experimenting and here's what I came up with...

Why drink your fiber when you can turn it into a frozen treat for the entire family! I mixed up 2 servings of orange flavored metamucil, poured it into some plastic popcicle containers and a few hours later, vwalla...frozen treats for the whole family. Turns out they were a little flavorless but have no fear cuz Berni is always full of ideas to improve. I decided to try this in an alternate fashion. Took a 16.9 floz bottle of water, mixed in a packet of crystal light and the appropriate serving of benefiber (colorless and flavorless) and stuck it in the freezer...and what do you know...much better than the metamucil.

The most wonderful thing about this is that I feel like I am eating a treat but yet it is very low calorie and I need my fiber anyway! The kids need fiber too and they love it as well!

Replies

• amyers35
    amyers35 Posts: 51
    Options
    good idea ! ill have to try that! yum
  • alicebud
    alicebud Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I am going to try both versions of frozen fiber treats! Mixing the metamucil one tonight.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Bump!