oatmeal

Options

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    splenda, cinnamon, nuts, dried fruit, fresh fruit, flavored yogurt, canned pumpkin, etc

yes all of this!! vanilla almond milk and vanilla stevia are nice too!!!

THANKS PEOPLE....NOW I'M CRAVING OATMEAL!!! lol
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I use smuckers all natural peanut butter, cinnamon and a granny smith apple!
  • jcannon15
    jcannon15 Posts: 148
    Options
    ok for those feeling daring i highly reccomend savory oatmeal, i added an egg two slices crumbled turkey bacon, and a slice of low fat cheese, very yummy and very hearty .
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter!!! Just a half tablespoon....it's amazing! I eat it Everday!!
  • thenewkarisa
    Options
    I love raisins in mine!... another one I just tried for a couple days was a bag of dried fruit (no sugar added) and put a serving size in it.... I love the tropical but any kind is good with me! =D
  • AnneMK5
    AnneMK5 Posts: 110
    Options
    Fresh fruit! Blueberries, strawberries, peaches, the possibilties are endless. Oatmeal and fresh fruit is my breakfast everyday.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Ok...I know this might sound *gross* but I make steel cut oats and add a banana, splenda, lots of cinnamon, occasionally nutmeg, some almond milk and......1/2 cottage cheese. When I first read that someone added cottage cheese to their oatmeal, I was grossed out....but I tried it and I really like it....Gives me protein!

how do you cook it? I nuke mine. Have nuked CC/pb/honey mix before but prefer it cold.

I have this every day.
    2/3 cup oats, 1 tspn unsweetened cocoa, 1tbspn natural pb.

Nuke

Add 1 scoop choc/vanilla whey.

DELISH!
  • MrCake
    MrCake Posts: 53
    Options
    1. Half cup of old fashioned oats + water
    2. Microwave for a minute
    3. Add cinnamon to liking (I put a good amount, cinnamon is supposed to improve glucose metabolism)
    4. Microwave another 45sec - 1 minute
    5. Mix in half a cup of frozen berries. Berries melt while they cool down the oatmeal
    6. When its not "hot" anymore, mix in half a scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein powder
    7. Freezer. Usually prepare the oatmeal at the same time I prepare the rest of the meal, so I'll take it out when mi done eating my eggs or chicken.
    8. Enjoy dessert
  • MrCake
    MrCake Posts: 53
    Options
    1. Half cup of old fashioned oats + water
    2. Microwave for a minute
    3. Add cinnamon to liking (I put a good amount, cinnamon is supposed to improve glucose metabolism)
    4. Microwave another 45sec - 1 minute
    5. Mix in half a cup of frozen berries. Berries melt while they cool down the oatmeal
    6. When its not "hot" anymore, mix in half a scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein powder
    7. Freezer. Usually prepare the oatmeal at the same time I prepare the rest of the meal, so I'll take it out when mi done eating my eggs or chicken.
    8. Enjoy dessert
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I cook my oatmeal in Almond Milk (it gives it a nutty taste, which I like). Then I add a banana and one tbsp of peanut butter. Sometimes I like put a fried egg on top.

Be adventurous and try different ingredients.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    You guys got me craving oatmeal something fierce. I just indulged in a bowl of oats with mandarine oranges and a glass of milk. Man did that hit the spot.
  • Monika135
    Options
    Vanilla liquid Steevia....and some ground flax and I LOVE IT!
  • Quiltmania
    Options
    So i recently figured out that the Quaker oats instant oatmeal has a lot of sugar so its healthier to eat the oats without it(well no duh) but what do you put on that plain boring tasting oatmeal to make it taste, well, good?

Ok, this is going to sound gross but it is really good. I take about a cup of oatmeal, add about 2tsp of brown sugar, a half cup of skim milk and a tsp of blood orange flavored olive oil. You get your healthy oil and it tastes like a creamsicle.
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Some kind of fruit (dried or fresh), some kind of nut, and pumpkin pie spice. For a sugar substitute, I prefer xylitol because it's natural but doesn't taste as weird as stevia. I used to love oatmeal with almond milk, until I looked at the nutrition label and saw how much sugar was in almond milk. I tried unsweetened almond milk but it was just gross.
  • jadery24
    jadery24 Posts: 53
    Options
    I've trained myself to enjoy it plain, but when I need a little something extra I'll add a teaspoon of brown sugar or honey and some cinnamon!
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal and there are so many ways to make it. I usually make bake oatmeal and I eat it everyday for breakfast. There are tons of recipes online for baked oatmeal I just modify to make it healthy and to my taste. My favorite baked oatmeal has oats, diced apples, almond milk, eggs,raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. It even taste good cold which is usually how I eat it. I make 8 servings at a time and it only has 184 calories per serving. I also eat it with plain greek yogurt for more protein. You can add whatever you like to oats.
  • ngemma
    ngemma Posts: 1
    Options
    chia seeds, egg whites, cinnamon and splenda:)
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have my oats with some peanut butter and a bit of syrup! Tastes heavenly to me.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    I make mine a bunch of different ways.

I do the overnight oats with 1/2 C chocolate almond milk and add a sliced banana when I serve it. It's great in the summer when I don't want to eat a hot breakfast.

When I make it hot, I use the same spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, the smallest pinch of ground cloves, and a dash of vanilla extract) and honey to sweeten. Then, I'll add some fruit. Personally, I like banana, apples, and strawberries. In the fall, I love to add canned pumpkin. I make mine with water then add a little bit of milk at the end . I'll also top it with some chopped nuts if I have them.
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    I buy the Quaker 'Lower Sugar' Instant Oatmeal. ;D Tastes just like the regular stuff.