New to this but loving it so far!!

Hi all- I recently had my first baby (10 weeks ago) and definitely packed on the pounds (68 to be exact!). I've lost 30 but still have a ways to go. I'm looking forward to getting back on the right track. Im trying to balance being a mommy, full time job, wife, daughter, sister, and aunt among finding time for myself to work out and plan meals -so any tips are more than welcome :) I'm so happy someone recommended this site- in my opinion, group support is the best support!!! I'm a horrible cook lol so any easy healthy recipes are also more than welcome!!! Best wishes to you all :)

Replies

• Wow, that's so awesome that you had a baby. Hopefully one day I will also have one. Best of luck to you with your weight loss goals!! Keep up the good work :D
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Welcome and congratulations on the new baby!!
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Welcome to the group. I've only been here a few weeks, but I love it here! Everyone is so supportive and motivating! Enjoy your stay with us all and good luck on your journey!
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Congrats! and kudos to you for taking this initiative so soon after having your baby! I remember back to when I had my first child, and at 10 weeks, I was too busy crying because he wouldn't STOP crying to worry about weight loss and planning meals. You are definitely on the right track. Add me as a friend if you like. You'll definitely find lots of support here.
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Welcome and good luck with your goals. For easy healthy recipes go to www.skinnytaste.com. I live by that website.
  • krazzybebe03
    krazzybebe03 Posts: 39 Member
    Welcome! This program definitely help me achieve my goals before. I took a hiatus from MFP during my pregnancy and am now slowly getting back into it to help with my post partum recovery and becoming a hot mom. This time around will be different as I will, like you, be a full time mom, worker, and partner! Congrats on your new little one and good luck on your journey....feel free to add me if you need any support....working out is my thing, i really cannot help too much when it comes to cooking