Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Anyone running today??
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    4 mile run today. 34* and I actually felt pretty hot by about mile 2! It's amazing what a few degrees will do for ya.

I'll swim tonight while my girls are at swimming lessons!

Have a good one!

Jess
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I was bad and decided to stay under the covers this morning. My back was still a little stiff even after my massage. I think I will do yoga tonight. I know that doesn't make up for it but I guess it is better than nothing.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I was bad and decided to stay under the covers this morning. My back was still a little stiff even after my massage. I think I will do yoga tonight. I know that doesn't make up for it but I guess it is better than nothing.

I think that's very smart. I've found the hard way that you really need to listen to your body. When you're feeling tight or sore, yoga is a much better choice. :wink:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Tempo run this morning, 7.5 miles. Only the fast runners in the group showed up for the run today, so the pace was brisk (as was the temperature - frost along the trail).
  • SherryRH
    Options
    Tempo run this morning, 7.5 miles. Only the fast runners in the group showed up for the run today, so the pace was brisk (as was the temperature - frost along the trail).

I think it was 24 here this morning. They are calling for snow showers tomorrow.:noway:
  • SherryRH
    Options
    4 mile run today. 34* and I actually felt pretty hot by about mile 2! It's amazing what a few degrees will do for ya.

Jess

Jess, how were you dressed? It was 10 degrees colder here and I wasn't sure how I should have dressed for the run.
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    4.5 miles this morning.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Jess, how were you dressed? It was 10 degrees colder here and I wasn't sure how I should have dressed for the run.

I had on just a long-sleeved dry wick top and a wind check fleece and of course my trusty Nike running tights. And gloves and a fleece headwrap. For some reason though, I was just sweating like crazy this morning!! Usually if it's below 20* then I might add another layer over the legs or add a short sleeved dry-wick under the long-sleeved. Also depends on how windy it is! HTH!

Jess
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ran 3 miles this morning easy. Tomorrow is a rest day and then Saturday is the big day - my first 10K! I am excited and nervous!
    Bunny
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Ran 3 miles this morning easy. Tomorrow is a rest day and then Saturday is the big day - my first 10K! I am excited and nervous!
    Bunny

Good luck!! Make sure to post a report!

Jess