169 Calorie BIG, BIG, BIG Bowl Of Noodles

Options

Replies

• lizzydearslife
    lizzydearslife Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try, I've been making these noodles and mixing them with guacamole and stir fryed mixed veggies!
  • Judway
    Judway Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Asian grocery store is where I do my weekly groceries (other than organic milk, bread, etc.). Can't wait to get these!!!!
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ok, you are my new hero. I tried these noodles awhile back but hated them. The dry fry method makes all the difference! Plus these definitely go better in some sort of asian stir fry vs. trying to make an italian style pasta dish with them. Tonight I combined them with bean sprouts, bok choy, bell pepper, carrot, shrimp, garlic, pad thai sauce, and hot sauce. Soooo good and super filling. A huge plate was around 500 calories, with over half the calories coming from the shrimp and the pad thai sauce.
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    bump

and I had no idea that it's possible to freeze bean sprouts...thank you!
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Atlanta area: Super H Mart has the noodles for $1.49 a bag. Yay! And a huge bag of bean sprouts were .99 cents. :heart:
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I must try this :)
  • Smudjie
    Smudjie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    yummmmmmmmm gonna try this for sure THANKS!!!
  • MaryGebhard
    MaryGebhard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing! Bump
  • ara005
    ara005 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dadboz
    dadboz Posts: 1
    Options
    I have to try this. Sometimes you just have to fill FULL : )
  • MaryGebhard
    MaryGebhard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I made this tonight and it was really good! I begrudingly shared it with my husband. Next time I'll make a double batch. I also would like to try it with peanut sauce. Thank you so much for posting, it's a real winner!
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump!! Trying this later!!
  • GenFo
    GenFo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bump - thank you!
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sounds yum to me! Bump.
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lpdqzmQZ7R1qf7n0mo1_500.jpg

In order to feel full— really full— at least once per day (a requirement in my life) and still keep my calorie intake low, I rely heavily on bean sprouts and tofu shirataki noodles.

Tofu shirataki noodles cost $2.29/package at Publix but I can get them at the local Asian markets for only $1.99. Fresh bean sprouts are $3.49/pound at Kroger, $3.99/pound at Publix— and only $1.19/pound at every Asian market in town (there are a total of 5 Asian markets in the next town over).

Hopefully you can find an inexpensive source for bean sprouts because they are SO versatile. I eat about one pound per day. If you have to travel far for then go ahead and buy 10 or 20 pounds or so. They can be frozen for up to 12 months if you blanch them first— shorter periods if you don’t. I go through 10 pounds in a week so I just zip lock ‘em without blanching, freeze them— and pull them out, as needed.

I try different concoctions and I must say that I have stumbled upon my best one yet, tonight.

Here is my recipe for the ultimate “169 Calorie BIG BIG BIG Bowl Of Noodles”:

Put your favorite non-stick frying pan on the stove, spray with non-stick spray and turn the jet to “HIGH.”

As it heats up, rinse the 1/2 pound package of tofu shirataki noodles in a colander with hot water and dump them into the frying pan.

As they start to cook, rinse 4 cups (that’s a LOT) of bean sprouts in the colander with cold water and dump them into the frying pan with the noodles.

Fry on HIGH, uncovered (that part is important), turning with a spatula, occasionally.

They will NOT stick to your pan. They are goof proof. They require VERY little attention.

While the bean sprouts and noodles are frying, thoroughly mix the following ingredients in a bowl:

lite soy sauce (1 tbsp), kimchee base or some other hot red sauce that you like the flavor of (1 tbsp), Anne’s Old Fashioned Chicken Base (3 tsp) OR 3 chicken bouillon cubes, McCormick Perfect Pinch Garlic and Herb Seasoning (1 tsp) and garlic powder (2 tsp).

Add a pinch of water if the mixture is too thick.

Once the bean sprouts begin to brown remove the pan from the heat and pour the spicy mixture over the noodles. Mix thoroughly into the noodles and bean sprouts with the spatula and serve.

The bean sprouts and tofu shirataki noodles work together to create a *really* good noodle feel in the mouth. The mixture is a bit high in sodium but you’re much better off eating this than potato chips for a snack.

Your big bowl of noodles will contain 11g of carbs (of which 5g are fiber, so it only has 6 net grams of carbohydrate), 4g of fat and 10g of protein.

I ate the entire bowl and I feel like I just finished Thanksgiving dinner.

Did I mention that the entire bowl was only 169 calories?

Sure I did— but it was worth mentioning again!

-Chelle
    Yum Thanks for sharing

Looks great,w ill have to try it!
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Ok, you are my new hero. I tried these noodles awhile back but hated them. The dry fry method makes all the difference! Plus these definitely go better in some sort of asian stir fry vs. trying to make an italian style pasta dish with them. Tonight I combined them with bean sprouts, bok choy, bell pepper, carrot, shrimp, garlic, pad thai sauce, and hot sauce. Soooo good and super filling. A huge plate was around 500 calories, with over half the calories coming from the shrimp and the pad thai sauce.

This sounds perfect for me!
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    BUMP!