when did you start to feel great about how you look?

Options
It seems like everyday I read about a celebrity who has loss 30 pounds and looks dramatically different. I have almost 40 pounds (190 lbs to 152 lbs ) and have gone from a size 14 to a size 12. In fact, some large dresses still don't fit. I am only 5'2 so I thought it would have a bigger impact but it hasn't. Sometimes looking at celebrities weight loss makes me want to give up. I see big changes on them but nothing on myself. So my question is, how many pounds did you lose before you felt like you looked good? Please include your height! thanks!

Replies

• Marcieb21
    Marcieb21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, some days I feel like I'm doing good. but most days I look in the mirror and all I can see is all the weight I still need to lose the the fats rolls on my stomach. Or that I don't look as good in an outfit as someone else who is skinnier would.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    When I looked in the mirror and liked what I saw. :)
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options

^^ this

and when i noticed that when i sat down there were no rolls/overhang :)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa :)

I think I started feeling good when I got down in the 150's area. I know that I wanted to keep going though and knew I could go further. I'm at 5'4 and down to 128 which I was up in the 215ish when I gave birth. The doctor even said I gained too much and recommended I cut back on eating...LOL. He was right and I did do something about it. The little things really help but always remember that you have a goal in mind and to stick to it. It just takes time and patience. You've done amazing so far, keep up the Great job!
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

^^ this

This is what I am waiting for! I am SOOOO sick of the rolls and all the various methods to hide them. As if that were possible.
  • jillwaller
    Options
    A lot of celebrities who lose weight quickly either don't do it in a safe way, or spend thousands on long hours a day of personal training and specifically tailored meals. You shouldn't think that their results are in any way normal! And honestly, some days I like how I look, and others all I see are flaws. It's kind of day-by-day, but I'm working on it!
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Don't forget one thing:

Losing 40lbs out of 300 say isn't the same as losing 20 out of 130, the impact on the person and in turn what he/she looks like is completely different.
    Even though one of the two lost twice as much weight it will not be as visible as the one who lost less.

As you get closer to your goal weight you'll see that you'll start noticing even differences of a few lbs.

Another thing to remember about celebrities is called lyposuction.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I feel great about the way I look every day when I've put in the effort to lose weight, even if I haven't seen the scale move in a while. I have a very hard time remaining consistent in my workout/diet, but when I workout I feel the most confident about the way I look. I love how a good workout just makes you feel strong and really capable. I still have flab, but the more I workout and stick to my diet, the more that flab goes away. In the end, though, you have to love yourself... for you :) And for the progress you've made, so avoid the temptation to compare you successes or failures to those of so-called celebrities :)
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hun, most do not really look like that - they have make-up artists and digital pictures to thank for their "great" looks. I am 5'2" and have lost 50 pounds and to be honest, I have a difficult time seeing the changes I have made but it is because I "see" me everyday. How do your clothes fit? If you can wear a smaller size than you could when you started then you have made progress. As far as what looks good, everybody is different. I have a cousin that is so tiny a size 0 has to be made smaller (I believe that her actual size would be considered -2) and she thinks she looks great as skin and bones. I have another cousin that is probably close to 300 pounds and she would not trade her weight for anything. I have personally always been very critical of myself so I do not think that I have every looked good. Don't give up - you'll get there and when you do, it will be worth it :)
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options

^^ this

This is what I am waiting for! I am SOOOO sick of the rolls and all the various methods to hide them. As if that were possible.

hahaha

favorite trick: tucking my fat roll into my jeans/shorts so there is no overhang............. just a bulge lol
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I must have an ego the size of Mt Olympus. Now I am a big girl and I easily have over 100lbs to lose, but I am always fashionable. I believe in good & supportive underwear and hair and makeup is always on point. Do I think I look better with my weight loss? Absolutely, but I was always cute & I still like how I look.

The change for me is I wanted to feel healthier. That's what eating right and working out has done for me.
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 40lbs and I didnt really notice a difference till i looked at pics of myself from last Christmas. Comparing myself to were I was really made me see myself in a different way. I still feel like a bloated dinosaur sometimes but I think thats just normal. Its still my body and I think im always gona see my flaws.
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    I didn't really feel different until I asked my husband to take photos of my back and arms. I just wanted to see what they looked like after the months of training. It's not funny, but weird how distorted we see ourselves at times.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I dropped about 12 lbs in a few months and looked the same then i did the 30 day shred and lost 3.5 lbs. I took before and after pics just from th time i started the 30 day shred and it was a big difference. i went form a size 12 to an 8. and because i was working with weights it tightened be my body. So if you are not already start working on strength training it transforms your body.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    I am 5'6" and have just within the last 30 or so pounds felt like I really like what I see in the mirror. The non weight signs were my clothes don't fit, actually they fall off, so I need a belt......even for my skinny jeans I now wear with pride. My total lost is 113#.....started @ 268.....now I am 155.5.......as of last week. I am in desperate need of a new wardrobe,