Any vegetarians out there?

Options

Replies

• emma1488
    emma1488 Posts: 175
    Options
    for those who are new to vegetarianism or are wanting to go veggie, i got a lot of useful information and support from this website http://www.unleashed.org.au/
  • emma1488
    emma1488 Posts: 175
    Options
    I live on curries!!! YUUUMMMM! But they can be very low fat/calories.

Just make it out of veggies and lentils. Make it thick so you dont need rice...alternatively use quinoa-it's have more nutritional value than rice.

Someone mentioned never have white anything, TOTALLY AGREE! Always opt for whole grains, they fill you up and are loaded with fiber.

I try to mostly stick to veggies, beans and lentils and have mock meats in the freezer for when im being a lazy *kitten*:)
  • shevanity
    shevanity Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am vegan too.
  • VeggiePumpkin
    Options
    I'm vegetarian too. Only for the last 6months, but I love it and have never felt better! I get a lot of food ideas from vege blogs and Vegetarian Times magazine. They have fantastic recipes. I also cook what I love and have always had, just leave out the meat and load in the vegetables. I also get a lot of inspiration just from my local farmers market. I love to cook veggie so much that I started my own blog about it: http://hungrypumpkin.blogspot.com/
    :drinker:
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian 9 years. I was vegan for about 4 of those years, but I have a vitamin D deficiency, and I added cheese and yogurt back in (I prefer to get my vitamins from food if I can, not pills).

I cook a lot . . . you name it, I've probably made it.

Carbs and over eating are my issues. (I like to eat all the good stuff I cook!)
  • alanaosu
    alanaosu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've been a veggie (I eat eggs and milk too) for 17 years. Please feel free to add me, same goes for other veggies out there!
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Veggie here. My toughest hurddle is the fact that the rest of my family are meat eaters so making meals can be a challenge. friend me.
  • nani726
    nani726 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i know what you mean! i do try to sneak a veggie meal here and there for my family, like for instance, i throw morning star crumbs instead of ground beef for spaghetti, they dont even know the difference!
  • kc7671
    kc7671 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here! Also, just had my second child so trying to lose the last of the baby weight and what i didn't lose from my first pregnancy. Love my choice to be vegetarian, only wish I could go vegan but that's much harder..altho i try to cut out most animal products when I can. Would love to motivate each other!!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian, and making the switch to vegan is currently a work in progress. I make almost all my meals at home.....so I do nothing but look up recipies and try new stuff. I have found many many bean, lentil, soy, tofu, TVP etc recipies online most of them from vegweb.

I also have my staple meals and I do use veggie hotdogs, and other veggie mock meats when I need to but I try my best to eat as fresh as possible.

You can friend me if you want, my diary will then be available to you and maybe you can get some ideas?
  • hanaibo
    hanaibo Posts: 42
    Options
    Vegan here! Feel free to add me :)
  • cruncher
    Options
    Hi there,

Anyone can add me.
    I'm a vegetarian trying to be a pescetarian lol.
    Seem to get stuck eating lots of carbs and not enough protein.
    Trying also to eat "clean" so I can make good milk for my 9-mth old twin daughters.

Rebecca :)
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Nothing with a face or a mommy....
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Veggie here. :) Feel free to add me! Idk if my recipes or meals are the best since I just started back being a vegetarian but I'm learning new things every day!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    yes veg here
  • iskandar89
    Options
    I have been vegetarian from birth, I switched to begin vegan at about 15 years old, when I started to get into my cycling more and wanting to gain more mass, veganism just wasn't working for me anymore. I found it incredibly difficult (near impossible) to gain any weight at all, which is my goal. I now feel that when i was vegan I kind of had an eating disorder.

Being vegetarian is great, so many good foods to chose from, I eat alot of middle eastern/north african dishes. In my opinion a good cookbook from this region is a vegetarians best friend!
    Please stay away from quorn!! Eat real whole complete foods.
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I went vegan 2 months ago and love it. Feel free to add me!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~ Two years lacto-ovo veg!

Feel free to add me, as well.

I'll tell you, one of my favorite and most filling meals (and SO low-calorie, it's insane!) is a "soft taco." I take a Joseph's Flax and Oat Bran pita, cut it open and spread 1/4 cup fat free (no animal fat) refried beans, salsa, tomatoes, onions, lettuce (and any other vegetable you want, and cheese if you like, but I don't add it), light sour cream, close the top and eat.
  • kc7671
    kc7671 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Nothing with a face or a mommy....

love this ;)
  • coffeeandcigarettes
    Options
    I'm a new vegetarian, and I have the same problem with carbs. I love the morningstar line of meat replacements. you can't even tell you're not eating meat. I'd love to have some friends on here that are vegetarians, so any of ya'll feel free to add me. :)