Sweet and Low

Options
Try not to use sweet and low, switch to splenda. Sweet and low is bad for the brain and organs from what ive heard from nurses in the hospital. Been rumored for years that it might be behind possible cancers, What do you know about it ? Would like to clear up the Urban legends and myths about it. :noway:

Replies

• black0922
    Options
    I've heard all of them aren't the greatest for you. But I love sweet and low better than any other sweetener! Used it for years and have never had a problem!
  • black0922
    Options
    Aside from my aren't being an are not* lol, too late at night for me to be commenting on too much! Its nite nite time!
  • black0922
    Options
    Aside from my aren't being an are not* lol, too late at night for me to be commenting on too much! Its nite nite time!
  • rkerr6
    rkerr6 Posts: 6
    Options
    Splenda (sucralose) isn't any better for you, it destroys the natural flora in your stomach. It's essentially bleached sugar, and is closer to a chlorine molecule than a sugar molecule. I don't use any artificial sweeteners, I think they all taste gross, even the "natural" ones, and the man-made ones are terribly unhealthy imo. :) It's better to learn to like unsweetened things or to budget your calories for the real thing (honey or sugar) if you must have something sweet. I prefer honey myself.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know this as well. Although now "they" are saying you shouldn't use any artificial sweeteners and you should use a natural sweetener like Steeva?

How it has been explained to me is that the body has no idea what to do with the chemical version of the sugar and thus stores it as fat. Which is why they say don't even bother with diet cokes because that has also helped fatten people up because they use artificial sweeteners. That you should have the real deal because they use real sugar and the body can process it better. While I understand the logic, I still would drink the diet because of the calories and now I am trying to stop completely.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    here you go!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/273536-article-i-read-on-artificial-sweetners-and-soda?page=1#posts-3616773

Edited to add:

no more than 10% of your calories from sugar. Your daily calories x 0.10 = a number. This number divided by 4 = your daily grams of sugar allowed. :)