Getting "serious"

Options
Hey all,

So I am a 24 yr old who is on her 6th week of the couch to 5k running/walking program and am joining MFP to try and help me with the food side of things to go along with my exercise, and also to help me with motivation and support.

I am going to be the Maid of Honor in my best friend's wedding next August (2012) and so I am hoping to look and feel my best by then. I have made multiple attempts at starting a weight loss and exercise program and am hoping with help from some 'net buddies I can stick with it.

Would love to hear thougths and suggestions from beggining runners/those who have done a couch to 5k :)
Margaret

Replies

• bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bump! I've been doing MFP for several months but need to step up my exercising so tonight I did day 1 of C25K! Good luck to you!
  • TiffMax
    TiffMax Posts: 70
    Options
    I have done 7 or 8 days of week one- lol not ready to move forward yet- but another thing to amp up your game that seems to be popular and effective from what i have read here is Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd and when you have has your first 30 days with here then you need to mix it up with other dvds hers or someone elses because of muscle memory...good luck!