Loosing weight and taking meds

Options
Is or has anyone taken prescription meds that has a side effect of weight gain? I am currently taking an anti anxiety medication (have been for the last 5 years) and since then I've gained weight. Now that I've hit a size that I'm unhappy with and am trying to loose the weight, I'm having a heck of a time! It's really just dawned on me lately that this could be my problem. I've got an appointment with my doctor next week to talk about it, but has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Is or has anyone taken prescription meds that has a side effect of weight gain? I am currently taking an anti anxiety medication (have been for the last 5 years) and since then I've gained weight. Now that I've hit a size that I'm unhappy with and am trying to loose the weight, I'm having a heck of a time! It's really just dawned on me lately that this could be my problem. I've got an appointment with my doctor next week to talk about it, but has anyone else experienced this?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I take and still take Tamoxifen - it pretty much blocks all of your estrogen - messes with everything including weight....

Just one more thing that won't stop me! I will succeed even with taking the meds--you can too! It took me 2 1/2 years to be that confident about it.
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks, it's just very frustrating, as I'm sure you well know! :wink: