Is anyone else worried about

Options
body dysmorphic disorder? I am freaking out. I have lost 30lbs and clothes fit better but I feel like they are worse or you see the fat more. I am so worried that when I get to my goal weight I will have a hard time accepting it and finding clothes I feel look good. Has anyone experienced this or afraid of it

Replies

• MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Can't say that I do, I have never heard of that disorder. I enjoy fitting in to smaller close now. Do whatever you need to get over the psychological issues related to body image. Because in the long run your goal weight will equal a healthier you.
  • kerstinmcl
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, I find as soon as I go on a diet I start thinking about my shape more and become more aware of lumps and bumps. Before I would be happily not thinking about it and look at my good points instead.

I hope that once I have totally got into the new eating habits I will return to being able to get on with life without always thinking about body shape and go back to focusing on good points, only I should have more of them by then!

If you are aware it is just a trick of your brain, just keep telling yourself that. Remind yourself why you are doing it, and every 1lb lost is another step closer to your goal.
    I sometimes find looking at yourself in the mirror and strike a sexy pose just makes me feel more sexy and cheers me up if I feel down.
    Good luck!