I'm back again, so i thought i would re introduce..

So i have disapeared for a while and then come back, for various reasons. Mainly, pride, ignorance, head in the sand etc etc. I also got into faddy diets, which didn't work, made me feel bad, etc. So i have been through the mill and not feeling too great about it.

I first tried the herbalife shake diet, as lots of friends did well on it. My problem was i cant eat much fruit and the skakes were nasty without some help, and expensive and so boring!

THEN i tried the dukan diet. 3 days in of just protein and the headache was unbearable and it upset my stomach and i was rushing for the loo all the time. I had tried drinking lots of water. The final straw was after spending AGES preparing my food for the day, eating it, feeling ill, tired, shakey, i worked out my entire daily food allowance to be just short of 400 calories. That is ridiculous.

So here i am, very serious, a bit glum but knowing i am doing the right thing. The main reason am back is i got weighed and i am 10lbs heavier than i thought, putting me into the 200lb catagory. I also fit into size (UK) 18 clothes. 3 years ago i was wearing a 12. This will not do. This upset me so much.

So! I am Kelly, a bit bruised and battered but determined to lose 40lbs. I'm feeling quite emotional about it, but posituive about life changes. I hope this time, i get it right. I am uping my exercise. I already skate 2 times a week for 2-3 hours, but i am including walking, swimming etc to see if it makes a difference.

Please friend me, give me positive thoughts, or just tell me to stop being a cry baby lol. i feel like today i need a few held hands or slaps up the back of the head.

PS: I am nearly due my lady time so that may not be helping lol.

Replies

• SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Welcome back! You CAN do this!
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Hi Kelly

I'm Di and have quite a bit to lose but slowly cos of joints etc, but we'll hang in there and get to the light at the end of the tunnel!! Friend request sent

Good Luck

Di
  • kellogsmscott
    kellogsmscott Posts: 67 Member
    Thank you all for the quick replies. I am really determined this time.

x
  • minnie22
    minnie22 Posts: 60
    Hi Kelly,
    Welcome back I hope this time you get the results you want at the end of your goal, you can add me if you want too.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    stick with it ! the bad days are the days that will make you
  • tjutrostina
    tjutrostina Posts: 94 Member
    Hey Kelly,

Welcome back! I went through the same thing...was on MFP was a short while, then off to try other diets, and at some point, just eating and not thinking. I travel quite a bit and work long hours, and really, my comfort is food. In fact, I'm a food writer, and so, my friends and family think I should know better.

Anyway, after many failed attempts, and also cos I really want to be healthy and look beautiful for my wedding in December, I'm determined to get my health on track!

We can do it!!!
  • kellogsmscott
    kellogsmscott Posts: 67 Member
    Aw shucks guys, all so kind, thank you