I'M NEW!!

Options
Hey I'm new here......I love how they add up your calories for you, especially when you don't know how much is in something......love it

Replies

• banji_scott
    Options
    Hey I'm new here......I love how they add up your calories for you, especially when you don't know how much is in something......love it
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    You'll love it here!

Very easy to stay motivated or even get back on track!

WELCOME
  • theresamasucci
    theresamasucci Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    welcome. this is a great site. i keep discovering new things i can do. even if you just log calories, it is a great way to keep track and keep yourself honest. also, the people on here are real positive and extremely helpful and encouraging. good luck in your endeavor.
  • rudyann
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    :smile: Hi banji_scott and welcome to MFP. This is a great site to help you with your calorific control and monitoring what you eat every day. I was introduced to the site by my daughter-in-law I was very sceptical about having to record ALL of my daily intake, but I am really enjoying it and now realise just how MUCH I was eating but not recording it I lost track.
    I have a rather energetic job and walk our dogs twice a day so have about 1900 calories a day and as long as I pre plan my dinner's I can keep well within these and sometimes have calories left over (even after pudding every evening)
    I know what my breakfast calories will be each morning and more or less what my lunch calories will be so can then decide what I will have for dinner and if I want a large meal I then know that I either can have a small pudding or non at all and pre planning like this sets my mind at rest about treats (a bit of a mind game with my own brain).
    You will learn as you go along and find the forums a real help as other members have very similar questions with loads of helpful input.:happy: :smile: :laugh: :happy:
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I think you have scored big by finding this site:) I know I have:) I learn something new everyday and because of the gals and guys here, I have now lost 4 lbs. I was doing almost everything "wrong" and according to what I "heard" from very unreliable sources:) Now I am feeling better about me as each day rolls by:) So glad you are here, and please feel welcome to write me anytime. denise in Sams Valley Oregon:)