Walking to add or not too add..

Options
2»

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

I don't count any walks that are less than 20 minutes

So if you count walks that are more than 20 minutes, and if your walks that you're asking about are 30 minutes, I think you've answered your own question.
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options

So if you count walks that are more than 20 minutes, and if your walks that you're asking about are 30 minutes, I think you've answered your own question.

ha ha!!

my question was whether to continue or not

but your right i think i just wanted confirmation it was ok
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

ha ha!!

my question was whether to continue or not

but your right i think i just wanted confirmation it was ok

If it's been working, of course it's ok! The only time it's not ok is if it becomes a problem for YOU. I count stuff that other people don't, but I do it because it works for me. Nobody else's opinion really matters as long as you're still seeing progress. :)
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I count walking if it is significant or if it's done deliberately as exercise. For example, if I just nip to the shop to get a pint of milk (about a 5 minute round trip) then nope, I won't add it. On the other hand, I do a brisk 20-25 minute walk on my lunch break, which I do add.
  • sheerjay
    sheerjay Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I count my lunch time walks at work......but I dont eat back all the exercise cals ( I eat about half back on BIG workout days)....Its more for my own record to show Im off my butt, rather than to count the cals I can add to my food :)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I do about 20 min to and from work as well and I log it for 140 cals combined. I walk fast. Sometimes I eat it, sometimes I don't. Depends on whether I'm hungry.

I would add it.
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I would count it. Maybe try wearing a pedometer or use a pedometer app if you have an ipod, and see how much you are actually burning doing it before deciding.