Who here is a veteran?

Options
swordsmith
swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
A Co 4/20th Mechanized (Sykes Regulars) - 193rd Panama Brigade

A Co 1/187th INF (Rakkasans) - 193rd Panama Brigade

A Co 5/187th INF (Rakkasans) - 101st Airborne (Air Assault)

I am a former US Army 11B (infantry) - I ran a 90mm Recoiless Rifle and M60 machinegun back in the day.

Did my 4, got my college money and got out. :happy:

Replies

• ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    Three years Army Reserve. Would have been more, but hubby was in AF and we went overseas. He retired after 20 years AF in 1989. Thank you for your service.
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    I am a former Marine ! 0331 ( Machine gunner ) 1982-1990 proud member of Suicide Charley 1st battalion 7th Marines from 1984-1988. only unit in the whole marine corps authorized to display 2 guidons. www.suicidecharley.com

Semper Fi
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I served in the Navy from June 1999 to September 2007 as a nuclear electronics technician, including time aboard the carriers USS George Washington and USS Harry S Truman. Six years of that time was spent in a dual-military marriage and I was a Navy wife for 2 more years until my husband got out of the Navy. Thank you all for your service!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    USMC 1972 to 1976

I have a trememdous amount of repect for those fighting for our country. I have even more respect for the Wives and Families of Servicemen that hold it all together while they are away.

Many of my friends on MFP are the wives of soldiers or have family members in the service. They hold a special place in my heart.

Semper Fi.
  • pacmanjack
    pacmanjack Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    US Navy, 1984-1988 active duty.
  • laurenpence
    Options
    US Army military intel Jan 05-jan 09 Thank you to all who have served and are still serving!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all who have served!
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    US Air Force, retired in 2005 after 20. Navigator on Combat Search and Rescue HC-130Ps. Good times.............
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    US Army 1987-95 (2 active/6 reserves)

Airborne Infantry (still feeling it in my knees!)
  • gdneff
    gdneff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    US ARMY 1990 - 1994
    Desert Storm Veteran

122nd Main Support Battalion (MSB), Fliegerhorst, Hanau, Germany
    18th Airborne Corps (Dragon Brigade), Ft. Bragg, NC