Does anyone exercise using weighted hoop ???

Options
I had a taster session of Super Hooping today, and my mum bought a 4lb weighted hula hoop for us to exercise at home with. I dont have a HRM so cant work out my own calorie burn ... and nearest I could find doing an exercise search was for the Wii Fit hula hoop game.

If anyone uses a hoop for exercise, can they tell me a rough estimate of how many calories are burned per minute of exercise????

thanks
(and I really must try and get the money saved up for a HRM)

Replies

• jonbairam11
    Options
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love hooping, but depending on what you are doing with the hoop drastically alters how many calories you are burning. But you can burn up to 100 every ten minutes if you really work it!
  • HazelAngelstar
    Options
    I will just be doing basic hooping with it ... because of my fibromyalgia I can only exercise for a few minutes at a time ... so this will be ideal.

thanks for the link ... that works out @ 6 cals per minute, which I can use as a rough estimate.
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I use a weighted hula hoop and before i got my HRM i just logged it as Wii fit one. Since i got my HRM i have hula hooped once and i burned 184 calories in 34 minutes. it's great to do every day and really tones the tummy! Good Luck
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i just checked back in my diary and before my HRM i logged 30 minutes and burned 109 calories - using MFP guidelines for wii fit hula hoop so not too much of a difference
  • HazelAngelstar
    Options
    thanks - will just log it as wii fit exercise for now. We have the wii fit; so it means that if I dont manage round to my mums house for any reason, I can still get my daily exercise in. xxx