Brides on a Mission: August

Options

Replies

• Eunified
    Eunified Posts: 51
    Options
    Hello Brides!

Welcome to August! Please continue to post regularly and especially posting weekly weigh-ins. You all know the drill!

Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post.)
    1. Name: Eunice
    2. Age: 22
    3. City: Long Island
    4. Occupation: Accounting Supervisor
    5. Wedding date: Not sure yet.. thinking June 2013
    6. Fiancés name: Gustavo
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 3 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 215
    9. Goal weight and date: Right now, 30 by December 15th
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Zumba!
    11. Favorite healthy food: Whole Wheat English Muffins

Brides on a Mission: August (Please copy and paste this into your profile with each weekly weigh-in)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 3.4 pounds =)
    2. Highlight of the past week: Breakfast with my fiance 2 days in a row! =) (We don't live together yet)
    3. Lowlight of the past week: I found out I have an h.pylori bacteria in my stomach so I'm on antibiotics that make me feel like crap!!! It sucks =(
    4. Any wedding news updates: Nada yet.. haven't started planning
    5. Weekly wrap up: Gym 3 more times!
  • suzumichan
    suzumichan Posts: 127
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.2 lbs
    2. Highlight of the past week: Now in the 50's til the wedding day/moving date xD
    3. Lowlight of the past week:I've been snack to much lately. I am tried all the time and way to many snacks and sodas :(
    4. Any wedding news updates: I sent the Invites out Monday and most the family and friends have received them yesterday.
    5. Weekly wrap up: Keep up the 1 liter of water a day.

Congrats Shannon!
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 0lbs. Just been maintaining with all the vacation and travel for work, it is all I have been able to do, but I do see it as an accomplishment in itself.

2. Highlight of the past week: 1 month until the wedding! 2nd dress fitting! I love love love my dress! :bigsmile:

3. Lowlight of the past week: In June dealt with FH's Unlce wanting to bring his mother-in-law to our small 95 person wedding that we had to be very selective about who we invited. Long story short. She is coming even though we asked them to make other arrangements because if his MIL cannot come his wike (FH's aunt) will not attend the wedding. :mad: I am annoyed by it all and had my first wedding related meltdown (Note: I had been stuck overnight in NY after my flight got canceled, then stuck in the airport for 5+hrs because my new flight was delayed, so emotions were hi already). I know in the long run it won't matter on the day of, but it is hard to believe the nerve of some people.

4. Any wedding news updates: 1 month out. Most of the responses are in. 2 dress fittings done. Next table arrangements and the ceremony details to sort out.

5. Weekly wrap up: Long week.
  • jesstiger81
    jesstiger81 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! So nice to find a brides message board. Looking forward to getting in shape with y'all My ticker looks so shabby right now. I lost 20lbs last fall now working to add to that and bust this plateau.

1. Name: Jessica
    2. Age: 29
    3. City: Greenville, SC
    4. Occupation: Private Music Teacher
    5. Wedding date: December 17, 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Chris
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 1 year. However, we were really good friends in high school so we've known each other for about 13 years!
    8. Heaviest weight: 200
    9. Goal weight and date: 160 by the wedding, 150 by February 2012
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Zumba!!
    11. Favorite healthy food: raw broccoli and hummus!!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, glad to see a brides forum!
    Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post.)
    1. Name: Lisa
    2. Age: 25
    3. City: Chicago
    4. Occupation: Grad school professor/ in the process of getting my therapy license
    5. Wedding date: Sept. 22, 2012
    6. Fiancés name: Javier
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 5 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 139
    9. Goal weight and date: about 110-115, date not sure hopefully by the wedding though!
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Flirty Girl Fitness DVD's
    11. Favorite healthy food: YoCrunch Yogurt

Brides on a Mission: August (Please copy and paste this into your profile with each weekly weigh-in)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 3 pounds, I think it was just the jumping off point of no pop or fast food etc.
    2. Highlight of the past week: Jump kicking my exercise and healthy eating life change
    3. Lowlight of the past week: I have an upper respiratory infection, so I haven’t been feeling very well.
    4. Any wedding news updates: Not much from what I’ve had before, trying to decide whether to go through the church and so forth.
    5. Weekly wrap up: I’ve signed up for the website over a year ago and never used it, I got back into it this week and have been doing pretty well, no pop or junk food all week which is really really hard for me.
    Glad to meet everyone!! We can do it!!!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    My photobook came today and it is SO amazing! It was the best $100 I ever paid. I'm going to do slightly smaller versions for the parents and then small ones for the rest of the bridal party. I didn't have any issues with printint quality and the downloading program was so easy to use!

Shannon

I'm officially married! I've been away doing graduate school, but I'm back and trying to get fit for my new hubby.

Oh, and I wanted to post my Blurb Wedding Photobook Album. Please check it out, since a lot of us talked wedding shop the last few months. I'm curious to see what you think about everything.:-)

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2400181

Then click preview to flip through it.

Thanks for all fo the motivation and support. I really felt beautiful on my special day.:-D

Shannon
  • bride71412
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope it isn't too late to join. My fiance and I got engaged on July 10, 2011 and are planning our wedding for July 14, 2012. I really want to be in the best shape of my life for the wedding!

1. Name: Lindsey
    2. Age: 24
    3. City: Quad Cities
    4. Occupation: physical therapy grad student
    5. Wedding date: July 14, 2012
    6. Fiancés name: Evan
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 3 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 181
    9. Goal weight and date: 150 by New Years
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Insanity
    11. Favorite healthy food: watermelon, cottage cheese, and veggies dipped in homemade salsa, the spicier the better!

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: none, I am just starting this week.
    2. Highlight of the past week: getting ready to start eating healthy and exercising
    3. Lowlight of the past week: eating entirely too much processed, packaged junk food.
    4. Any wedding news updates: we booked the photographer and wedding reception location this week. When we first went to see the venue it was set up for a bunch of conferences so it was hard to tell what it looked like, but we get to go see it this weekend all decorated for a wedding so that we can get some ideas on how we want to set it up. I also started working on a wedding website
    5. Weekly wrap up: My weight has kind of yo-yo'd over the past couple of years. But I know if I don't get in shape for this wedding, I probably never will. I am sick of feeling self-conscious about my weight and I want to feel beautiful on our wedding day! I am so excited to get started! I am re-starting the Insanity series this week and will also be running a few times a week. I like to work out, but I struggle with food, so that will be my biggest challenge!
  • lulu1015
    lulu1015 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm super excited to see a brides category! Ive been watching other posts and have finally decided to jump in!

1. Name: Leah
    2. Age: 23
    3. City: Cincinnati, OH
    4. Occupation: Golf Professional
    5. Wedding date: October 15, 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Corey
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: going on 4 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 135lb
    9. Goal weight and date: I would be happy with 110 by the wedding, but would love 105
    10. Favorite type of exercise: golf, and starting insanity-- thanks to my future Sister InLaw
    11. Favorite healthy food: apples with fresh pb

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: haven't weighed in yet... But down 4.6 since I started two weeks ago at 121lbs
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): got my e-ring cleaned :)
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): eating benihannas mmmmm it was delish but didn't stick to the diet very well
    4. Any wedding news updates: rsvp's are showing up !
    5. Weekly wrap up: hoping my benihannas binge doesnt affect my weigh in...

How often do you girls do weigh-ins? Any other October brides?!
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    I'm super excited to see a brides category! Ive been watching other posts and have finally decided to jump in!

9. Goal weight and date: I would be happy with 110 by the wedding, but would love 105
    10. Favorite type of exercise: golf, and starting insanity-- thanks to my future Sister InLaw

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: haven't weighed in yet... But down 4.6 since I started two weeks ago at 121lbs
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): got my e-ring cleaned :)
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): eating benihannas mmmmm it was delish but didn't stick to the diet very well

I just started this week, I wanna try for once a week but I did it about 3 times this week lol
  • lulu1015
    lulu1015 Posts: 10
    Options
    I think do it everyday lol it's terrible....
    && I'm trying to not drink soda too! I'm down to one diet coke every couple days...which is great compared to my three a day...
  • Eunified
    Eunified Posts: 51
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Down 2.4 lbs! =)
    2. Highlight of the past week: Got a new computer for my office at home =)
    3. Lowlight of the past week Got a ticket his morning =(
    4. Any wedding news updates: Nothing yet.. LOL we're starting to look at dates & how many people will attend
    5. Weekly wrap up: Keep going hard at them gym.. Go at least 5 times this week!
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    only 25 days to go until our wedding!!!! I'm starting to get so excited, but I am nervous about getting everything done. I am going to be extra careful about logging my food to keep with the program!

Hope everyone else is doing well with their planning. :bigsmile:
  • suzumichan
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: -1.2 lbs
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Moving in two weeks
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Missing family already
    4. Any wedding news updates: Wedding is coming close
    5. Weekly wrap up: May become inactive.
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Hey October (22Oct11) Bride here! Oh and from Cinci! :) I try to weigh in here once a week, though I have been really bad lately.
  • Bditbobcat
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Well none, I finally logged my actual weight. I only gained 2 pounds after vacation and TOM so I am pretty ok with that.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Bought my Wedding Band!!!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I have some really lame bridesmaids that are just totally bumming me out and have me questioning our friendship. sucks!

4. Any wedding news updates: I got so much done the last week! Invitations received and already sent out, candy for favors picked up, wedding band bought, and we finally registered for gifts!

5. Weekly wrap up: I want to have another productive week and also continue to eat healthy. The gym of course is the one thing that gets put off when I am dealing with wedding stuff and car issues, so that sucks, but as long as I eat healthy I should be ok!

Have a great week everyone!!!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hello Brides!

Welcome to August! Please continue to post regularly and especially posting weekly weigh-ins. You all know the drill!

1. Name:
    2. Age:
    3. City:
    4. Occupation:
    5. Wedding date:
    6. Fiancés name:
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together:
    8. Heaviest weight:
    9. Goal weight and date:
    10. Favorite type of exercise:
    11. Favorite healthy food:

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week:
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):
    4. Any wedding news updates:
    5. Weekly wrap up:

I didnt know if someone else was going to make this. I searched but did not find one for this month.
    So I started one. :x I hope thats ok with everyone.

Hello Everyone! I just recently got engaged and am excited to see a topic for brides, I hope ya'll don't mind me joining in :)

1. Name: Briana
    2. Age: 28
    3. City: Lake Stevens, WA (north of Seattle)
    4. Occupation: auto repair manager
    5. Wedding date: April 2012 (this is still a work in progress, but it's looking like the end of April)
    6. Fiancés name: Bart
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 4 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 155
    9. Goal weight and date: 130 by the end of 2011
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Zumba
    11. Favorite healthy food:
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: This week nothing, but have lost 6 lbs so far
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Went to the movies to see Don't be afraid of the dark
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): The movie wasn't that great lol
    4. Any wedding news updates: Nope
    5. Weekly wrap up: Starting to get more energy from eating better & exercising
  • suzumichan
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I was up a lot
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Moving this week
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Missing family already
    4. Any wedding news updates: Cant wait for October 11th <3
    5. Weekly wrap up: Will become Inactive. SO hopefully next month someone will make the Sept. one. :3

Welcome to all the New brides!
  • Bditbobcat
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.6 lbs
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Second dress fitting, I am A-ok with how I look in my dress right now, so it can only get better!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): my face is so breaking out right now because I am stressing myself out with all the little stuff...HATE.
    4. Any wedding news updates: rsvp's are coming in (which is so fun!) and I started on the favors.
    5. Weekly wrap up: I have been so productive the last 2 weeks and I hope to continue being on a roll!

Have a great week everyone!!!!
  • bride71412
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: down 3 lbs on Friday, but I didn't do very well this weekend so I don't want to see the scale again until friday!
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): my mom who has breast cancer finished her first round of chemo, they did a ct scan and said that she is a super responder and that her mass has shrunk significantly and she should just have 2-3 more rounds of chemo and then they think she'll be done! :)
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): started my last year of grad school last monday and I'm already stressed with how much I need to do. I feel like there isn't enough time in the day to get all my school stuff done, work, work out, and try to plan the wedding. I'm usually pretty bad at procrastinating so I am trying to stay focused this year!
    4. Any wedding news updates: officially booked our reception venue and got to see it all set up for a wedding. Unfortunately there are two different rooms we could choose from, I loved one but my fiance hated it, so we're going with his choice :/ of course I have a picky groom lol
    5. Weekly wrap up: I have 46 days until the day I go dress shopping for the first time, and 48 until our engagement pictures so I really, want to do well these next few weeks! I cannot afford to go crazy all weekend long eating everything in sight. I just need to stay focused and work hard!

@bditbobcat that's exciting about your dress and about the rsvps! can't wait till I'm at that point :)

Hope everyone has a good week!