Break from exercise, then start again to shock body?

Options
2»

Replies

• PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Options
    I hit a plateau when I lost 51lbs, and I had to change a few things. First I altered some of the foods i was eating. I changed from skim milk to almond milk. Then I started eating more nuts, switched to greek yogurt, and quit having any foods with artifical sweetener.

As far as working out, I still workout 5 days a week, but I now do 3 days working out, 1 day off, 2 days working out, 1 day off. I started adding classes to my routine, and really upped the intensity of my weight workout. I then lost another 49lbs in less then 13 weeks.

If you wanted to take 3-4 days off I can understand that. Can you workout more outside? Like a 15 mile bike ride, a 4 mile walk, hiking?

I'm sure you'll find your way. Congrats on the success you have had!!!
  • joeygirl84
    joeygirl84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    This site is amazing... sometimes even though I know what I should probably do... I need to hear it from others. Thanks so much for taking a minute to help me out :)

I am going to up my calories ... from 1320 to 1500.... I will still work out, try to do more high intensity stuff, and continue to use my weights.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!!!!!!!