I'm a Newbie

abs0830
abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I have been trying to loose weight for awhile. I had some health issues that I've fixed, but it caused me to gain 20-25 pounds. I've lost a few of those pounds on my own, but I need to motivate myself again. Any helpful hints would be great. I started a goal of drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day. This is my third day and so far I've done well....however, it's easier when I'm at work and don't bring anything else. I'm a little worried about the weekend.....

Replies

• abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    I have been trying to loose weight for awhile. I had some health issues that I've fixed, but it caused me to gain 20-25 pounds. I've lost a few of those pounds on my own, but I need to motivate myself again. Any helpful hints would be great. I started a goal of drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day. This is my third day and so far I've done well....however, it's easier when I'm at work and don't bring anything else. I'm a little worried about the weekend.....
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Hi and welcome to MFP. I really hope you enjoy the site, there are so many people to talk to. Drinking alot of water is important. I find if I stay busy doing something on the weekends that I don't eat as much. Be it housework or exercising or whatever. I also learned really fast that portion control was a must. I bought myself a digital food scale for about $ 20.00. Also when I wanted to munch I would pick up a carrot first instead something much more calorie laden. So just a few tips to start with. Yes there were cravings for chocolate and it was ok as long as I kept them small. It is easier to lose weight if you don't think of banning all the foods just eat less of them. Hope this helps and again welcome to our big MFP family.
  • I am new too, I joined on 11/18. I am excited and looking forward to my new skinny self.
  • I am new too, I joined on 11/18. I am excited and looking forward to my new skinny self.
    HI! Im also a newbie. I spent weeks working out but i found it very difficult to lose weight at the rate i wanted to without counting calories. This is my first day and so far things have gone well.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    I am new too, I joined on 11/18. I am excited and looking forward to my new skinny self.
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP.....glad you've joined us:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    :drinker: Hi Great to have you here!

Ah....on occasion we all struggle to get our water in.....sometimes as time goes on your can find way to make a game of it....set your bottles out....use pennies and move one over each time you get more water down. Ya know whatever it takes really to keep track and drink drink drink.

I've been able to tell such a HUGE difference when I get all my water in and when I dont'....it's SO worth getting in as much of it as you can.

Sounds like you've got a good start....

I'd say....you've got a great plan going already..setting small goals like you've done...working on getting the water in, checking out the MFP tools, begin keeping your cals logged. Learning to include workouts, etc.

Best to you........lots of great folks here to cheer you on:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    I am new too, I joined on 11/18. I am excited and looking forward to my new skinny self.
    HI! Im also a newbie. I spent weeks working out but i found it very difficult to lose weight at the rate i wanted to without counting calories. This is my first day and so far things have gone well.

Well I'm glad to hear things are working out! :drinker: Welcome to the group... yes, working out is awesome for our bodies..! But eating well will get us far as well......changing up our foods to healthier ones is what helps us get the extra weight off. Toning and strengthing is done by excercise... Both great ways to look, feel and become healthier:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.