Newish..or rather trying to get back on track.

Options
Hey gals and guys. I thought I would come here and introduce myself. I'm a mom of 3 and a wife to a lovely hubby. Late last year I started WW and by about April or so I had lost 30 lbs. I had to stop WW because I just couldn't afford it anymore..soooo I decided to try here and try counting calories. This is new to me as I am used to adding point values instead of calories and I wasn't really aware of how many calories are in things. I haven't been on here for about a month and have lost focus. I would love to meet others that are in the same boat as me or that are a pro at this. I really need some "buddies" to help/guide and motivate me and vise versa. It really helps having others to go down this road with. Hope to speak soon. :)

Replies

• MakeItHappenAnt
    Options
    i wouldn't call myself a pro since i'm 3 weeks young as a member, but i don't mind bein' a buddy of your & doin' what i can to be an encouragement 2 u. much success 2 u on your journey in achieving your fitness goal(s),

MakeItHappenAnt
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    HEHE..what I meant is I am looking for new people like me or a pro..it don't matter. ;) I guess it didn't come out that way.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me and i will help you anyway i can :)
  • ant210
    ant210 Posts: 19
    Options
    I am back and forth. I lost weight before my wedding this past June....then put it on about a month before.
    I kinda gave up. Now, happily married....enjoying life and probably food too much.

Up and down for me too. This plan(counting calories) does work.....I did lose 13 pounds at the beginning of 2011. I was just the bride who stressed out and ate. Opps.

I really do want to get fit and just eat healthier....esp if a little one is in the plan.

Go for it.....hope you have a good week. I am going to start trying today!!! Good luck.
  • nlynnm716
    Options
    I just started foucsin more on MFP too. As I was also on Weight Watchers for a little more than a year. I began Weight Watchers during the old point system. I had lost 22lbs. When the New PointsPlus System came out, I had started yo-yoing back and forth and then gaining. For a while, I had been comparing the calorie intake on Weight Watchers to MFP. Finally, I gave up and came here! So far, I have lost nothing, but I've only been completely committed for a week. I am more comfortable with this site. Also, MFP has a much better database than Weight Watchers did. Anyway, good luck! We are all in this together!
  • harric01
    harric01 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Go ahead and add me if you'd like
  • Southernb3lle
    Options
    I just started foucsin more on MFP too. As I was also on Weight Watchers for a little more than a year. I began Weight Watchers during the old point system. I had lost 22lbs. When the New PointsPlus System came out, I had started yo-yoing back and forth and then gaining. For a while, I had been comparing the calorie intake on Weight Watchers to MFP. Finally, I gave up and came here! So far, I have lost nothing, but I've only been completely committed for a week. I am more comfortable with this site. Also, MFP has a much better database than Weight Watchers did. Anyway, good luck! We are all in this together!

Yes, I had several people I knew on WW that were having a hard time with the PP system. It seemed to work for me. I'm just trying now to get used to counting calories. It seems some of the things I was eating were higher in calories than what I thought. Anywho..I know when I was on here tracking I did lose about 5 lbs. It's just getting used to it and getting on a routine. :)
  • ChasesMumma927
    ChasesMumma927 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you.. This site is GREAT!!! helped me out soooo much.. Its like you dont really realize how much you put into your mouth until you see it in front of you.. I also like that it shows you how much sodium and sugar and other things you are taking in. Its an overall health help!! Good luck !!! If you ever feel off track just write on here or write to a MyFitnessPal buddy it can help get your mind off whatever you are craving at the time..
  • Nessiep
    Nessiep Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    good luck in your weight loss...you are on a great site!!..add me if you like...iwll help if i can
  • wildflower003
    Options
    Hi my name is Susan. I used to do WW too. I quit for the same reason. I still eat some of there products but don't count points. I joined MFP a long time ago but never used it. I just started using it last week and I love it! You can add me if you would like!
  • Southernb3lle
    Options
    Hi my name is Susan. I used to do WW too. I quit for the same reason. I still eat some of there products but don't count points. I joined MFP a long time ago but never used it. I just started using it last week and I love it! You can add me if you would like!

Wonderful. I love seeing there are some others that are switching over from WW to this. Hopefully we can help each other along. :)
  • romade188
    romade188 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am sort of in the same boat.. I was losing with mfp, and lost my way for a couple of months. So, I am basically starting over, and am in need of friends struggling with or who have surpassed the challenges I am facing. Good luck on your journey!