motivational quotes for SMARTeR goal setting

Options
Many of us will have seen the phrase SMARTeR when people are discussing goal setting:
SPECIFIC
MEASURABLE
ACTION ORIENTATED
REASONABLE
TIMED
REASON WHY

i came across these quotes while trying to decide on some goals for myself and found them quite motivating so thought i would share with you.

SPECIFIC - The more specific and measurable your goal, the more quickly you will be able to identify, locate, create, and implement the use of necessary resources for its achievement. - Charles J Givens

MEASUREABLE - Make measurable progress in reasonable time - Jim Rohn

ACTION ORIENTATED - You'll always achieve more with movement than meditation - Gary Hulbert

REASONABLE - Every noble work is bound to face problems and obsticles. It is important to check you goal and motivation thoroughly. One should be very truthful, honest and reasonable. One's actions should be good for others, and for oneself as well. Once a positive goal is chosen, you should decide to pursue it all the way to the end. Even if it is not realized, at least there will be no regret. - Dalai Lama

TIMED - A goal is a dream with a deadline - Napoleon Hill

REASONS WHY - Some men have thousands of reasonds why they cannot do what the want to; all the need is one reason why they can. - Willis Whitney

Replies

• Marietard
    Options
    love these quotes! apply to all aspects of life! including my work presentation about success ... hope you don't mind if i borrow this :)
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    of course i don't. i hope the presentation goes well for you