Egg Roll Wraps??

Options
shander7
shander7 Posts: 613 Member
Good morning!!
I made some egg rolls for myself and the bf last night and now I have a ton of wraps left over! What are some good recipes to use them up?

Replies

• beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    put nutella in the middle, spray with butter spray and bake until crispy, sprinkle with with sugar
  • abg0220
    abg0220 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That sounds sooo good! I would love to make some!! I need some recipes....
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    you can also make more and freeze them. or cut them up into little pieces and bake them sprinkle with cinnamon too.
    Or make little egg roll bites out of those little pieces.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    put nutella in the middle, spray with butter spray and bake until crispy, sprinkle with with sugar

Wow, that sounds delicious. I'd love to make those and add a little peanut butter maybe. Mmmm....
  • shander7
    Options
    yum, those sound delicious :)

Has anyone tried the hungry girl lasagna cups with them?
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I make Mexican egg rolls that are delish. You can use any combo you like, but for me I have done
    1) Ground turkey or lean ground beef, green chilis, black beans, diced chilis and tomatoes or salsa, sprinkle of LF cheese
    2) Shredded chicken, corn, black beans, diced chilis and tomatoes, sprinkle of LF cheese.

You have to drain most of the liquid off or else they get mushy. But mix it all together, put it in the wrap like egg roll filling. I spray mine w/cooking spray and bake. I have frozen the leftovers and they do really well.

Just have fun with the ingredients, you can put just about anything really!
  • triski73
    triski73 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    a friend cuts them into triangles and baked them in the oven and uses them as chips with salsa
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options

Wow, that sounds delicious. I'd love to make those and add a little peanut butter maybe. Mmmm....

If you do them with peanut butter, use the low fat or natural peanut butter, because peanut butter ones get really greasy.
  • shander7
    Options
    Thanks for the tip mariapuhl!
  • LifeChanged1209
    Options
    Banana egg rolls drizzled with caramel and sprinkled with confectioner's sugar. Hey, you didn't say it had to be low calorie!!
  • shander7
    Options
    holy moly mdmohrenne!! Those sound AMAZING!! terrible, but amazing!! And touche, I did not say that :P
  • shander7
    Options
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/1625

I made the lasagna cups with the wraps last night and they were soooo good!! I made a bunch of changes to what went in them (more veggies, no meat, different seasoinings) but I used the basic idea. I would suggest you give it a try!!
  • insanely
    insanely Posts: 19
    Options
    Preheat over to 350 , spray one side of wrapper and place that side on cookie sheet, then spray the other side bake sprinkle lightly with sea salt until golden brown approx. 10 mins or so.

You can use any dip with them, sometimes i just love them by themselves.

As each oven is different just keep your eye on them as they can burn quickly