2»

Replies

• prettyash76
    Options
    Watermelon, emerald almonds, granola bars
  • misslissa555
    misslissa555 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people suggesting things like processed boxed and prepackaged foods, chemically-induced lunchmeats instead of healthy meats and such. If you want to truly be good to your body and make positive life changes, I would seriously avoid these things at all costs. They are bad for you, dangerous, and just plain unhealthy! Stick to the suggestions about whole grains, fruits, and veggies (and good, hormone-free meat if you eat meat) and you'll be golden :-)

I do agree that natural food, fresh fruit and veggies,and horomone-free meat are the best. But for a lot of us (me, at the very least) buying these things all the time for my family of 3 is far too costly and unrealistic.

i agree, and this morning on Good Morning America i think it was, they were saying how costly it is to eat fresh or organic and healthy
    It's way cheaper to go to McDonald's and get a whole meal--burger, fries, and soda, then it is to eat healthy. We have to change the way America is! If you want organic fruits and veggies to be cheaper, we have to get rid of the genetically modified organisms. From watching "Food Inc." I learned that the only reason why potatoes aren't genetically modified is because McDonald's said they won't use them. It sucks that McDonald's has soo much influence on what is grown and what isn't grown.....
    Back to the topic. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE: sliced mushrooms, cucumbers, hummus, baby carrots, plain tomatoe sauce, apples, guacamole mmmmmm, and fruits in season. I also need Braggs Amino Acids (taste JUST like soy sauce but has 0 calories and is way lower in salt!) and some frozen mixed veggies to make yummy stir fries.
  • momburntdinner
    momburntdinner Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It's way cheaper to go to McDonald's and get a whole meal--burger, fries, and soda, then it is to eat healthy. We have to change the way America is! If you want organic fruits and veggies to be cheaper, we have to get rid of the genetically modified organisms. From watching "Food Inc." I learned that the only reason why potatoes aren't genetically modified is because McDonald's said they won't use them. It sucks that McDonald's has soo much influence on what is grown and what isn't grown.....
    Back to the topic. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE: sliced mushrooms, cucumbers, hummus, baby carrots, plain tomatoe sauce, apples, guacamole mmmmmm, and fruits in season. I also need Braggs Amino Acids (taste JUST like soy sauce but has 0 calories and is way lower in salt!) and some frozen mixed veggies to make yummy stir fries.

Just so you know

1tsp of Bragg's = 320mg sodium (960 per tbsp)
    1tsp Kikkoman soy sauce = 302mg sodium (906 per tbsp)

But you've already lost 37 pounds so obviously you're doing something right :wink: