Wheat thins are worse than WHAT?

Options
Ok so I got some wheat thins last weekend and I was looking at the nutrition facts, of course, and I didn't immediately made this connection but - 31 g of Wheat Thins are 150 cals, and 30 g of light brown sugar is exactly 100 calories. So the same amount of wheat thins has almost 50 MORE calories than sugar! :noway:

More calories than sugar, wow. No wonder I put weight back on over the summer, I was on a Wheat Thins kick! :grumble: Never again.

Replies

• nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Ok so I got some wheat thins last weekend and I was looking at the nutrition facts, of course, and I didn't immediately made this connection but - 31 g of Wheat Thins are 150 cals, and 30 g of light brown sugar is exactly 100 calories. So the same amount of wheat thins has almost 50 MORE calories than sugar! :noway:

More calories than sugar, wow. No wonder I put weight back on over the summer, I was on a Wheat Thins kick! :grumble: Never again.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    lol thats funny! but remember that the wheat thins do have some nutritional value and will keep you satisfied where as the sugar will not :wink:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    try the kashi TLC crackers. They are much better for you.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    well by that logic an apple is worse than sugar too. which we all know is not so.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Of course a serving of Wheat Thins probably tastes better as a snack then a scoop of brown sugar. :laugh:

I just bought some Wheat Thins the other day. I should've got the low sodium. I got the original and I can only eat a serving or 2 because they're so salty.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    mmmm wheat thins.... haven't had those in a long time.
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    well by that logic an apple is worse than sugar too. which we all know is not so.

I was talking in terms of caloric density only. I have no idea what the caloric density of an apple is, but probably less than wheat thins! Besides, fruit makes me hungrier than I was before I started :ohwell: Also, have you seen what a single serving of wheat thins looks like? Not nearly enough! They're so addicting . . . :cry:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    In the book eat this not that they eat Triscuits instead of wheat thins. Can;t remember why but I think it was because of the calories and fat. NOt positive though.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    they probably also have high fructose corn syrup in them...like so many other crackers.
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    A very tasty example of something that is not the least bit healthy! Triscuits, now those are tasty and full of goodness! Keep reading those nutritional side panels!
  • akwhite
    akwhite Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have to mention my favorite crackers. They're called Nut Thins. I bought them b/c I can't have wheat/flour...but they are actually really good. They're crispy and there's a bunch of different flavors. One serving is 16 crackers and 130 calories. Enjoy!
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options

I was talking in terms of caloric density only. I have no idea what the caloric density of an apple is, but probably less than wheat thins! Besides, fruit makes me hungrier than I was before I started :ohwell: Also, have you seen what a single serving of wheat thins looks like? Not nearly enough! They're so addicting . . . :cry:

Depends on the size of an apple. I eat medium sized apples and they have 80 calories in them. A large apple I think has 120...not to sure.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

Depends on the size of an apple. I eat medium sized apples and they have 80 calories in them. A large apple I think has 120...not to sure.

hmmmmmmmm I've been logging my medium sized apples as about 110 cals. Don't know which is right.
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    one of my students had tomato basil wheat thins today and let me have one...ohhhhhh so yummy! It tasted like pizza.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have to mention my favorite crackers. They're called Nut Thins. I bought them b/c I can't have wheat/flour...but they are actually really good. They're crispy and there's a bunch of different flavors. One serving is 16 crackers and 130 calories. Enjoy!
    ooh i LOVE :heart: nut thins!