Newbie!

Options
Hi there,
I'm pretty new to this and have found it fantastic so far!
I've never really tried that hard to loose weight in the past but feel it's time for a major lifestyle change!
I can lack motivation so am after all the tips i can get!
I want to get rid of that self conscious feeling i have every time i walk down the street! Lets see how this goes!

Replies

• duke520
    duke520 Posts: 30
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it. Just get into the gym and do something! Even if it's only for 20 mins. Little things add up over time. If you need a good workout plan, feel free to contact me.

Do work!
  • Marilyndoingme2011
    Options
    Hi Robynnatasha,

You will do great! Welcome to Myfitensspal, this is my third week using the program and I love it. I also love the fact that I am to monitor what I shouldn't be eating.

Marilyn
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • kmaclpn
    kmaclpn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey.. Welcome To MFP
    I'm in the same boat ad you are and its deifinatly one of the HARDER challenges of life, for me at least!! this site truly works if you count your calories, stay under your limit, drink tons of water and do at least some kind of work out.. the weight will start to come off.. the hard part is keeping it off. As you can see if you search my profile it says ive lost zero lbs Not true I have lost and gained repeatedly and now Im trying to master keeping it off. Good Luck:)
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    The key to success is "consistancy". Even the best workout plan or diet plan or health plan in the world is useless if you don't follow it consistantly.

You're undertaking a complete lifestyle change that'll take time to become part of your regular routine. Each change involves making personal choices as to what you feel is best for you at the time.

It doesn't mean you have to give up everything you love and sacrifice the simple pleasures in life (Like joining friends at the pub for beer and wings after the game), but its all about educating yourself so you're aware and concious about what you're doing so you can make informed choices that add up over time to positive results.

Most people want to see instantaneous changes and that's where the find themselves disappointed, but like anything change takes time.

Eg. Increasing your daily activity level. A simple 30 minute stroll might burn about 150 calories....so do that every day and you're looking at an extra energy expense of aboput 4500 calories a month....54000 calories a year. Divide that by the fact that there are about 3600 caloried in 1lb of fat, and you've shed 15 lbs by this time next year, just from that 30 minute stroll.

There are so many possibilities, the doors are wide open for whatever you choose to do! :-)

Cheers!
  • robynnatasha
    Options
    Thanks guys! Some great advice here :)!
    Can't wait to see results and keep setting new goals!