The Double Edged Sword

Options
Brother, did I mess up. Sort of...

In my quest to cover my proverbial a** financially, I have taken on 13++ hours per week of overtime. On top of that, on Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years day, I am putting in 5 hours of OT, :ohwell: which is doubletime+ 1/2 - which is IRRESISTABLE because I've never been compensated that way !!! My BF Ed is only (maybe) just getting back to work (we're praying), and only going to be making $7/hr (shnit!!):grumble: , so I need to do it.

I want my dentures. :love:
I want to be able to buy some Christmas gifts. :heart:
I want to be able to buy a space heater and plastic for our windows to button up the house for the winter. :huh:
My car needs brakes and snow tires. :sad:
And I just realized I have all that backwards!!! lol... so much for priorities! :ohwell:

The downside to all this is that I'm going to have to work hard to stay motivated to EXERCISE!! I'm giving myself daily extra cal allottments to go with the OT I'm doing, which I think I should, because I need it (not too much), so I'm not having a hard time keeping food under control -- I just don't wanna get soft - which is SO easy to do. Tell me I'll be okay!! I think I can squeeze in 4 workouts every week, and maybe do two on Saturday for a total of 5 weekly. Or maybe I can live with 4, as long as the result is that the scale stays where it is and doesn't go in the wrong direction. Until the end of January, when I'll be able to resume my regular schedule.... :bigsmile:

I do know this -- I feel like CRAPPOLA when I don't exercise. Just this 3 day accumulation of stagnation has set my mood to JUNK!! I was feeling energetic enough to work out tonight after 12 hours, but they roped me into 2 extra hours of ot because my relief person called off. I figure I'm here, and they're stuck, and I need the money. I'll only have time to go home, eat, shower, and fall into bed.

Replies

• Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Brother, did I mess up. Sort of...

In my quest to cover my proverbial a** financially, I have taken on 13++ hours per week of overtime. On top of that, on Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years day, I am putting in 5 hours of OT, :ohwell: which is doubletime+ 1/2 - which is IRRESISTABLE because I've never been compensated that way !!! My BF Ed is only (maybe) just getting back to work (we're praying), and only going to be making $7/hr (shnit!!):grumble: , so I need to do it.

I want my dentures. :love:
    I want to be able to buy some Christmas gifts. :heart:
    I want to be able to buy a space heater and plastic for our windows to button up the house for the winter. :huh:
    My car needs brakes and snow tires. :sad:
    And I just realized I have all that backwards!!! lol... so much for priorities! :ohwell:

The downside to all this is that I'm going to have to work hard to stay motivated to EXERCISE!! I'm giving myself daily extra cal allottments to go with the OT I'm doing, which I think I should, because I need it (not too much), so I'm not having a hard time keeping food under control -- I just don't wanna get soft - which is SO easy to do. Tell me I'll be okay!! I think I can squeeze in 4 workouts every week, and maybe do two on Saturday for a total of 5 weekly. Or maybe I can live with 4, as long as the result is that the scale stays where it is and doesn't go in the wrong direction. Until the end of January, when I'll be able to resume my regular schedule.... :bigsmile:

I do know this -- I feel like CRAPPOLA when I don't exercise. Just this 3 day accumulation of stagnation has set my mood to JUNK!! I was feeling energetic enough to work out tonight after 12 hours, but they roped me into 2 extra hours of ot because my relief person called off. I figure I'm here, and they're stuck, and I need the money. I'll only have time to go home, eat, shower, and fall into bed.
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Eww! My sympathies! :flowerforyou:

Oh and - You'll be OK!
  • DonHawk
    Options
    yeah...... you definitely need a new boyfriend.
  • Poison5119
    Options

WHAT??
  • Poison5119
    Options

I said....WHAT??

I don't know who you are, but you're going to have to remember ONE thing about this website. This is not topix, or some other forum where you can say stuff like that, whatever comes blurting out of your mouth. I'm insulted. And I'd like an apology please and thank you.
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i know the whole money thing is tempting, but be careful to not stretch yourself too thin!:flowerforyou: good luck with evverything:flowerforyou: