Do You Knit, Crochet, Sew, Craft....

Options

Replies

• agreenmess
    Options
    I do way to many crafts ive currently got a paper pierced 60 degree 1.5 inch diamond halloween quilt on the go (which is going to be all handsewn), i knit socks and currently have a set on the go as in two sock clubs, i do alot of craftster swaps so always making new things for that and inbetween i machine sew, crochet, draw, paint, use polymer clay, spin on my ashford, dye yarn, the list is endless lol
  • change_happens
    Options
    I don't do it to keep my mind off food, but I certainly should. My Nana taught me to crotchet as a young child and I still do. I just don't do it as often as I probably should. I have about two blankets I'm making and neither of them is close to being done. LMHO!

*smiles*

Jean

Yes, I love knitting. Maybe I should say that I love knitting AND it keeps my mind off of food :)
  • change_happens
    Options
    i crochet AND do leslie sansone! I suck at crocheting. i need to get a how to dvd, i make scarfs and blankets but i can only do a basic stitch.

YOUTUBE it up! Seriously, they have videos on everything knit and crochet

funny... i thought i was the only person who did this... i march in place. i actually do break a sweat sometimes :)
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I sew, but I do it because I love it! My daughter loves that I sew also, she gets to pick out her favorite fabric and the pattern she wants and I make it.
    It will also come in handy with school, my daughter starts kindergarden this Aug. and we can't find any uniforms that are 100% cotton. We live in Florida, for crying out! Who wants to wear a poly blend in the heat of summer?? So I will be making them so she won't die from heat stroke.
  • FattyWantADoughnut
    Options
    I love to knit! I don't do it to avoid food, but naturally food + knitting is bad (residue). I like to knit with a nice cup of tea though, it's so relaxing. :)
  • change_happens
    Options
    I cross stitch! Totally keeps my mind off eating!

Just to clarify I don't do it to keep my mind off food but it does!
    I actually LOVE cross-stitching! x

Same here... I have been crocheting since around 4 or 5. Haven't stopped. Though i do love knitting. I learned knitting at 18, just your basic garter stitch. I taught myself how to read patterns.... won't ever give up either :)
  • change_happens
    Options
    i crochet AND do leslie sansone! I suck at crocheting. i need to get a how to dvd, i make scarfs and blankets but i can only do a basic stitch.

Michaels has some really great books. It will help you get past the basic stitches if that is what you want. Personally, I like basic... means I don't have to keep looking down at a pattern :) The library is a good place for how-to-dvd's. Also, you tube!
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I do find I will get so caught up that I forget to eat at all
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I crochet, but I find it has the opposite effect. I snack more when I'm sitting down and working on things. When I'm not working on hats/blankets etc. I'm chasing kids around, cleaing, playing outside etc and i forget all about food. Not crocheting isn't an option because its my WAHM "business"....but I have become great friends lately with sugar snap peas. My chips are awful lonely in the cupboard though!
  • clairegreen1974
    clairegreen1974 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love learning new techniques so after my current project(s) Ive just bought a set of crochet hooks, as its something ive never done, so im looking to learn that, but ive also bought a Corset making course, as i love my steel boned corsets (that i currently cant get into!!) I love sewing, so i cant wait to have a go at that!
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    Just browsing the message boards for crafty stuff.

I've recently begun a project of making a corset and "poofy" tutu-style skirt for my daughter to wear to the homecoming dance. She likes to be unique and has selected a gold fabric for the top and a sequin on white fabric with lots & lots of tulle for the skirt. Pray for me... LOL.

Next project will be to make a fairy princess costume for end of October.

Who knows after that... maybe something for mom. After all, some of my clothes are falling off of me and I need some new items to wear. :smile:
  • rj_knitnchick
    Options
    I love to knit. It does help to take my mind off of food. I took lessons when my kids were in high school. I just wanted to learn how to make baby blankets. Love making them. Every once in a while I will branch out and try a sweater (not very good at those).
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I love to crochet, knit, and cross-stitch. I'm just getting ready to start making Christmas presents for this year. I love making things for my family because they really appreciate them. The bonus is that I can't eat while doing my crafts. Lol.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    :sad: i used to do a lot of cross-stitch but these days i do beadweaving and jewellery making, alas it doesn't keep my mind off food
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I crochet and sew! My passion and hobby! :)
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I want to relearn to knit and crochet! My great grandmother taught me before she passed but I wasn't very good and gave up :( I'm going to pick it up again soon :)
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm a knitter! :)
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Sewing rocks. Have several machines, serger, electronic, embroidery, punching.... but everything is stored until I get moved again. :o(

I love to go to places like UrbanThreads.com for great ideas. They have machine and hand embroidery designs that are so not your grandmothers stuff. (No offense grandmothers out there)

Recently signed up for a basic art drawing class through our local recreation center. Wanted to get back into doing something creative (without hauling out the sewing machines). These things definitely help keep me busy and away from munching when I'm not hungry.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

If you can crochet WHILE doing your Leslie Sansone dvd, I bow to you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • independent64
    independent64 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I crochet dishcloths for my mom to sell...I make products made of ducktape and have just to make things with recycled ties from delivering papers. I find that the more I keep busy with my hands and exercising, the less tempted I am to eat.