plateau busting ideas needed

Options
Need some plateau busting ideas. These next 5 pounds are sticking like glue! ONEderland is seeming miles away, rather than right around the corner. Thanks in advance!:smile:

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Calorie cycling, carb cycling, increase protein, hard to tell if your diary is private.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Go up and down with your calories. When I got stuck last year, I would do 1400 one day, 1600 the next, then 1500 then 1800 one day. And I found a cheat day would help as long as I could keep it in that one day and not continue it onto more days. Or maybe even an exercise you're never done before.
  • scriehl
    scriehl Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I would say to bump up the intensity of your workouts. Join a gym class like spin or kickboxing if you haven't already. If you have a usual routine, change it up. This has always helped me in the past. Good luck to you!!
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Your diary is private so here is some general ideas:

- Change up the workout. (work out day, rest day, work out day.....so on)
    - Don't do as much strength training, but don't get rid of it either.
    - Incline walking and carry weights - double the calorie burn.

- Eat more macro nutrients (lots of green crunchy veggies)
    - Add color to your meals; such as bell peppers
    - Lower your sodium intake (less than 2000 per day)
    - Reduce your dairy intake (read labels)
    - Eat at least 1/2 your exercise calories

GOOD LUCK
  • laurad8911
    Options
    jillian michaels said in an interview receently that the best plateau buster is to take 3 days in which you eat 10% more calories and DONT work out to trick your body into thinking it has more food and doesnt have to work anymore
  • fbarz
    fbarz Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks everyone. My diary is now public.
    Love all the ideas. Gonna mix things up a bit (diet and exercise) an trick my body out of this funk. :happy:
    I apprecite the feedback.
  • RoseBlanc
    RoseBlanc Posts: 140
    Options
    I've read that taking a couple days off from the gym & upping your calories by 10% is effective in busting a plateau.
    So says Jillian Michaels, anyway!
  • RoseBlanc
    RoseBlanc Posts: 140
    Options
    jillian michaels said in an interview receently that the best plateau buster is to take 3 days in which you eat 10% more calories and DONT work out to trick your body into thinking it has more food and doesnt have to work anymore

Ha =[ beat me to it. lol.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Are you doing strength training, cardio, or both? If you're only doing cardio, add strength training. It might initially cause you to gain a few pounds from added muscle mass, but the new muscle will BLAST through that fat!