Weight Fluctuation?

Options
I just recently lost 8lbs, and weighed in at 205.4lbs, but now, after not recording my intake for about 2 days, my weight has increased to about 208.8lbs, and I was wondering, is it possible to gain 3lbs so quickly? I mean, I haven't been eating the best this week, but I certainly haven't been going over my limit. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I not worry as much, because weight tends to fluctuate?

Replies

• UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i can easily gain 3 lbs in a couple days.....and not recording intake means you don't actually know if you are going over your limit....just a thought. And of course weight does fluctuate, if you are eating worse, probably more sodium so more water weight, etc...just my thoughts...
  • gcmiller1
    Options
    Eating foods with excess sodium and not drinking enough water can definitely lead to a water retention - water weight gain. Consistency works - stick with it!!!
  • Caldwellsa24
    Caldwellsa24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I go up or down <2 lbs or so each day. It is water weight but to be honest its pretty natural. I wouldnt worry about 1-3 pounds however if you suddenly gain like 5 pound i would start re-evaluate how you are eating and excercising.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    No way. Weight should remain at a steady decline no matter what. It's absolute. Dictated by gravity and a device that calculates such a number based on the atomic weight of visceral tissue comprised of semi-permeable cells. Aqueous fluid has no place in dictating weight loss. It's the bible of science.

Fluck chew Asians are srs bsns.